Crow hop

after practicing pitching the other day… i was done doing my pitching and came back and asked if i could try something else… while in my wind-up to the balance position i kicked just a bit higher like a small jump without leaving the ground and more then i usually would and it gave me some more zip on the ball and my coach noticed… however im wondering if this would affect my balance because of the sudden movement during the balance position… i think ill test this out more and see if it affects control…

[quote=“toro15”]after practicing pitching the other day… i was done doing my pitching and came back and asked if i could try something else… while in my wind-up to the balance position i kicked just a bit higher like a small jump without leaving the ground and more then i usually would and it gave me some more zip on the ball and my coach noticed… however im wondering if this would affect my balance because of the sudden movement during the balance position… i think ill test this out more and see if it affects control…[/quote]i spose that might give u a lil more momentum

hmmm, an extra jerk will probably knock you off, if you don’t notice in the 2nd inning, you’ll notice it in the sixth

It appears the high balance point gave you more momentum going down the mound. My advice would to just make your leg kick higher, but try and stay smooth.

In my OPINION

:slight_smile: I finially found someone else who does this :slight_smile: I as well, I have a really high leg kick as you can see in my avatar. When I come into my leg kick, my backfoot doesn’ completly come off the ground but my heel does come off the ground about 2-3". I find that this doesn’t throw my balance off, I don’t know when I started doing this and neither does my dad or pitching coach but I feel that as long as I stay locked on my target it doesn’t throw my off any. I don’t know about a little more zip, it does though give you a little more momentum coming down to your power position, but you have to focus on staying back because with that little extra in your leg kick it gives you a little more time to start forward which isn’t good.

But I think this is maybe something that you can fool with, it has worked for me. If you have any questions just PM me. But this is how I come to my balance…

Hope this helps