Crazy YouTube Videos

1st video look at balance of this person and all the things he can do.

POST crazy people that do crazy workout things on this thread.

He is quite balanced. Exceptionally balanced even.

I am feeling kinda cynical so I will play devil’s advocate…

As a question to the whole concept of “functional” training, when the heck are you ever on unstable surfaces in sports anyways?
They are actually coming out with research showing unstable surface training is ineffective…

My first thought before the dude stepped onto the ball is he looks like he would get picked last in gym class lol. Maybe not if they were playing ping pong on bosu balls? Not exactly a guy I would want to model my training after…

What I consider to be a crazy workout video
(I guess this would show our differences in training styles):

I consider this to be an amazing feat… Baseball player no less

A couple more cool ones

An intense training partner (turn up the volume and listen)

I think the second video had some useful things. For the first, I agree with CF - not enough transferable work to make it worth it. Balance is great, but there is a point of diminshing returns. Are you training to be an athlete or circus performer? Same thing with guys training nothing but max strength - athlete or powerlifter?

DeFranco has produced results for athletes in a number of different sports, and it is very difficult to argue with results. His training is interesting because he unites the West Side philosophy with some extra plyo and explosive training type stuff. Definitely something to look into and learn from.

[quote=“kc86”]I think the second video had some useful things. For the first, I agree with CF - not enough transferable work to make it worth it. Balance is great, but there is a point of diminshing returns. Are you training to be an athlete or circus performer? Same thing with guys training nothing but max strength - athlete or powerlifter?

DeFranco has produced results for athletes in a number of different sports, and it is very difficult to argue with results. His training is interesting because he unites the West Side philosophy with some extra plyo and explosive training type stuff. Definitely something to look into and learn from.[/quote]

That guy makes it look easier than it seems. I can balance standing but it is difficult.

Anyways, I wouldn’t do what he is doing for training but being able to balance on a ball like that requires great focus. What else requires focus? Baseball! Voila! Focus training!