'Cranking' the wrist

Well, I had a lesson with an instructor nearby and he told me to ‘crank’ the wrist more to the right side (for right handed pitchers) to get the ball face sideway more in the landing position. Is it a good thing to adapt on?

its not bad, just dont turn it into a habit cause it wont work for everything such as CB’s etc.

“he told me to ‘crank’ the wrist more to the right side (for right handed pitchers) to get the ball face sideway more in the landing position.”

What did he mean? Were you throwing a curve? Your statement isn’t very clear. To “crank” the wrist right says to me that he wants you to supinate and that isn’t a good thing, so you may have misunderstood what he was trying to tell you. What are you going to him for?

Sounds to me like he wants him to pronate his wrist to get more movement. Notice he says to crank it to the “right” for a right handed pitcher - this would be pronating the wrist.

Lets just put it this way, (see its even confusing for us), does he want you to turn your palm towards your body or away…away is pronate, in is supinate.

What he said is right