Could Use Analysis Help Please

Here’s another video of me pitching a bullpen…my problems i think are that my throwing arm straightens out too much and my front foot opens to early and to slow but im pretty sure that this is caused by me not moving fast enough because i have more video of me doing my arm right when i move faster and separate later. What do you guys think and I really need help on how to keep my front foot closed until the last second because it is hurting my velocity.

The only real problem I see is that your hips open up too soon

ur opening up way too early stay closed and explode with the hips

Is it bad to keep your throwing arm straight?

Is it bad to keep your throwing arm straight?[/quote]

no… its bad to keep it bent…really bad… (its actually impossible to throw with a bent arm at release point)

what is bad is if you actually try to extend it 180 degrees and do it so rapidly that you end up hyperextending your elbow and it will hurt to straiten out for a while…

brantley your arm action is fine try working on keeping your hips closed longer because when you open early your shoulders will follow and you will lose alot of velocity

I like your mechanics, but as the other guys said you need to stay closed a lttle longer.

[quote]
no… its bad to keep it bent…really bad… (its actually impossible to throw with a bent arm at release point)

what is bad is if you actually try to extend it 180 degrees and do it so rapidly that you end up hyperextending your elbow and it will hurt to straiten out for a while…

brantley your arm action is fine try working on keeping your hips closed longer because when you open early your shoulders will follow and you will lose alot of velocity[/quote]

But at high cocked position your arm should be bent shouldn’t it (horizontal W)?

[quote=“timmyg123”][quote]

brantley your arm action is fine try working on keeping your hips closed longer because when you open early your shoulders will follow and you will lose alot of velocity[/quote]

But at high cocked position your arm should be bent shouldn’t it (horizontal W)?[/quote]

Yes of coarse its high cocked i am talking about at release the arm should never be bent

ok gotcha