Cortiosone Injection

What do you guys think of them?
Is there another way to take instead of taking those shots, for the inflammation?

I wouldn’t recommend these shots for young men.

Nothing like some rest man.

Are those more like to Adults then?

What if rest doesn’t help?

If youve seen the movies its for pain that needs operation but needs to be played through. Now this isnt ALWAYS the case but in sports its purpose is usually this. Ive seen Indy ball kids who have had corisone shots to tame the pain of a partially torn ucl and some with meniscus tears which all require attention but if it were to happen during the season they could miss valuable time. Especially when climbing ranks.

It works but needles hurt.

[quote=“kevinbert28”]It works but needles hurt.[/quote] :lol: :lol:

If rest doesn’t help, then go to the doctor.

kevinbert, you’ve had a cortisone shot at 12 yrs old?

No. I know that James Harrison(linebacker for the Steelers) won’t take a cortisone shot because the needles hurt like hell.

So if an NFL linebacker can’t handle it, it must be a tough thing to take.

I had 9 in my elbow. All it does it mask the pain so you can throw but eventually it doesn’t even do that anymore and you have to have surgery. If you’re young just rest and see if that works.

The true purpose of cortisone is to reduce inflammation, it is one of the most powerful steroids along with prendesone for inflammation reduction. As has been said it masks injuries which necessitate surgery, that is decidedly not the purpose. The reduction of inflammation allows the normal use of the area or joint which was inflammed, it has decided side effects which aren’t positive (Degradation of bone for example). I made a post in which I mentioned a new therapy for soft tissue injury which I’ve just become aware of. What it does is take your own blood, seperate out the white blood cells and injects those platelets into the injured area. In essence it cures the injury (Or assists in speeding up the actual healing). It was described by the orthopedic surgeon who told me about it as a “human band-aid”. There is no side effects because it is your own blood. I posted a question on it on the ASMI forum and their response was this;

just a bunch of fyi to add to the thread…maybe give some different perspective.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]The true purpose of cortisone is to reduce inflammation, it is one of the most powerful steroids along with prendesone for inflammation reduction. As has been said it masks injuries which necessitate surgery, that is decidedly not the purpose. The reduction of inflammation allows the normal use of the area or joint which was inflammed, it has decided side effects which aren’t positive (Degradation of bone for example). I made a post in which I mentioned a new therapy for soft tissue injury which I’ve just become aware of. What it does is take your own blood, seperate out the white blood cells and injects those platelets into the injured area. In essence it cures the injury (Or assists in speeding up the actual healing). It was described by the orthopedic surgeon who told me about it as a “human band-aid”. There is no side effects because it is your own blood. I posted a question on it on the ASMI forum and their response was this;

just a bunch of fyi to add to the thread…maybe give some different perspective.[/quote]

Thats was a pretty interesting post