Correct weight for college baseball?

I am a 6’3" senior in high school and I was wondering what weight I should be at by the time I enter my freshman year in college. I have a spot on a D3 team as a pitcher and I feel like I am a little too skinny. I am 175 pounds.

6’3 175-195 would be healthy in terms of BMI.

If i were 6’3 i would want to be around a good 220 of solid lean muscle.

Thanks! One of the college coaches I talked to said I should add on about 20 pounds in the next 12 months.

I’m 6’3" 190-195 looking to be about 210-215 down the road

Your frame and bodytype makes a big difference here. Lots of people perform well at 6’1" 220 lbs while others would be borderline obese-looking (and feeling) at that weight.

Focus on getting stronger, faster, and performing better, and I bet your coach won’t mind how much you weigh :wink:

For the record, I’m 6’1" 250 lbs. right now, and while I’m a bit larger than I want to be (I’m cutting now after my winter “bulk”), I look fine at this weight and will look very athletic at 225-230 lbs (my target weight). At 180 lbs. I would look horrible - I know, since I’ve been there! :slight_smile:

I’m currently your height and weight, as a sophomore. Im planning on being up to 200-210lbs by my senior season.