i started throw in a lower arm angle the other day
i get more velocity and better break
high 3/4 to 3/4low/sidearm

but i cant throw high 3/4 anymore
velocity is gone
am i putting my arm in danger
it doesn’t hurt
in fact it feels more comfortable

That’s totally fine, but don’t go all out yet. Get used to throwing from that angle for a month or two before you start letting it go in extended appearances. I would go no more than 2 innings at a time for a few weeks and then progress from there.

Good luck.

dropping to a lower arm slot won’t hurt your arm if all other mechanics throughout your motion are good, but this is the same no matter what arm slot you have. if you throw better with a lower arm slot, work on throwing like that when you warm up as well. changing your arm slot in the middle of a season can be difficult, but if it works for you then go for it.

Be careful, as changing you arm slot can change your mechanics if only slightly. I recommend taping yourself…

Kelvin, don’t worry about it. If you’re feeling comfortable and have no pain or discomfort, it may be that the sidearm delivery is your natural motion. Stay with it, and make the necessary adjustments to your mechanics. You’ll be all right.
I remember that my pitching coach had this basic premise: that every pitcher has a natural motion, and the thing to do is to show that pitcher how to make the most of it. I was a natural sidearmer, having discovered this at the age of eleven, and I worked with it, and my coach helped me develop a number of things I could use with this delivery. You can do the same. :slight_smile: :baseballpitcher: