Conscious hip/shoulder seperation

I’m curious as to what you guys think about consciously trying to produce velocity thru hip/shoulder separation when throwing.

during practice, ok. during games all you are thinking is what pitch do you want me to throw, and where it the target, now just throw.

clear the mind, throw the pitch.

[quote=“dusty delso”]during practice, ok. during games all you are thinking is what pitch do you want me to throw, and where it the target, now just throw.

clear the mind, throw the pitch.[/quote] :bigtup:

Just curioous, what type of drills work on hip shoulder seperation. I’ve been seeing good progress from working on it, but I just kinda work on it during a pen.

So what do you do in your pens to work on hip and shoulder separation?

I definitely have my pitchers work on hip and shoulder separation. One of the most simple things I have them do is the NPA’s knee drill with a focus on “showing your number” to your partner. Start with equal and opposite arm positioning and finish with a swivel and stabilize of the glove.

I just practiced keeping my hips closed longer. I do it almost in exaggeration for the first couple of pitches during my pen. I’m hoping to get a pen taped soon to put on here and let yall critique it considering last time I posted videos of me I was throwing 81-82 and my mechanics have changed a bit and lil less then a year from then Im touching 87-88 so personally I’d like to compare the videos and see if I can see any differences myself.