Push-up Plus 1 10
Dynamic stretch 1 10 each side
Band Pull 1 10
Blackburns exercises 2 20

Day 7 O/U trraining and bullpen
YOGA
Wrist Routine

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Gernal Complex training routine that I made up from other workouts. It’s more about throwing and gaining speed strength.

You wont do it all.

RIStar,
what are your goals and how does this program address those goals?

My goals are to become more flexible in the whole body which is the yoga and also some of te scapula exercises. Also I want to build up the fast twitch muscle fibers and stress the CNS with this type of comlex training with Weight lifting exercises then a plyometics exercises.

Also I will be doing a new exercises that is a marial arts one called phantom chair or wall squat and try to hold it for as long as I can. I think this will fatigue the muscle and build Ft-B if I can do it over a time.

PS. I will be doing this workout full and a core workout I have.

SO in a list my Goals

Increase speed strength
Add 5-10 pounds of muscle
Increase Core Strength, Leg strength, Scapula Strength

Also I’m throwing 73-75 MPH and I can feel with building my CNS up and gaining more fast twitch muscle fibers along with it that I can also add a couple MPH before the season because this training will allow me to pitch and workout to the max. I want to get to 78-80 by the season and I’m going to workout hard.

You’re gonna be exhausted by the end of those workouts…Law of Diminishing Returns–look it up.

I’ve worked out with guys preparing for the NFL Combine who don’t do that much.

Also, you have to have days off. AT LEAST 2. More is not always better–the body needs to rest.

The exercise selections all look pretty good though.

I have three off-day’s mostly that I do the following:

YOGA
O/U training bullpen of 30pitches
Wrist exercises

I’m training to the max so I can make my body stornger. This type of training is important so I can build the speed strength that I need to. I’m confident that in no time these kind of workout will not get me sore and I will get use to them.

Good luck buddy,

Most College Programs don’t even train you this hard with that tempo.

What exactly is your “wrist routine?”

What exactly is your “core routine?”

Whatever happened to playing long toss to build up arm strength? Jeez. You think Pedro Martinez ever did this stuff when he was younger?

I will be doing the O/U bullpens working on mechanics and trying to get that suposed increase in MPH that it gives you.

I will or might move the 4 sets to 3 on some of the leg exercises.

[quote=“RIstar”]I have three off-day’s mostly that I do the following:

YOGA
O/U training bullpen of 30pitches
Wrist exercises[/quote]

Those aren’t off days.

Where are you’re off days? You have no days that you allow your body to rest. Doing Yoga and throwing Pens aren’t rest. Especially when you throw ontop of this workout school and trying to get a solid 8 hours a night in.

If you actually stick to this I’m willing to bet that you burn out after 4 weeks.

Yoga is relaxing to me and helps my body heal. Throwing the pen takes very little time and also I will not be going that hard till 4-5 more weeks. More light bullpens then drop sets down to 2 as I get closer to the season and throw more and more.

Quality over Quantity my friend, Quality over Quantity.

So should I drop everything to 2 sets on the complex day’s?

“Looking at your goals, especially the gaining 10-15 pounds and increasing velocity, I just do not see how your workout is going to achieve that. You are working the small muscle groups into the ground, while neglecting the prime movers.” - KC86 in response to Lanky Lefty’s workout, which is pretty much like yours.

Dude! Shemon throw in some cleans, squats, deadlifts, and bench in there.
Your doing the “Worm” but not doing deadlift. Something isnt right.
And come on dude, dont do 12 rep lunges with a 10 lb weight. Load up a barbell or something.

I workout at home and use what I can that is why the reps are high on some of the exercises because I don’t have alot of weight to work with.

Bench press is not good Push-ups are better for pitchers {but that’ another thread we can start}

I do hit the main muscles through alot of exercises that work the muscle in different way.

Might put the legs down to 3 from 4 and then keep the plyo’s at the same spot what you think?

[quote=“Jacobs 21”]
Dude! Shemon throw in some cleans, squats, deadlifts, and bench in there.
Your doing the “Worm” but not doing deadlift. Something isnt right.
And come on dude, dont do 12 rep lunges with a 10 lb weight. Load up a barbell or something.[/quote]

Well said, Robert.

Also, I would not say my workout is very similar to his, I have heavy upper and lower body lifting, he doesn’t.

Does it really matter what anyone tells you?

I’m willing to bet if you talked to my trainer (whoose training guys in the MLB, NHL, CFL, NCAA, and other levels) and she designed a program specifically for you set out to accomplish what your goals are you’d tinker and change and meddle with it and argue with her because you think you know everything.

Honestly.

As Tanner said in another thread, no matter what someone says you always have an answer or excuse to defend your rational.

True Lanky.

Ristar cleans and squats work your core big time. If you added squats and cleans you could take off a quarter of your core workout AND be working your legs. And you do pushups once a week. Your core is gonna stick out more than your chest, if it doesnt already.

in the words of RIstar: “I don’t sprint because I don’t like to and also it will not improve my ability to throw on the mound. They don’t improve your performance on the feilde.”

"Sprints will not help me become any more better on the mound really "

also from RIstar: “from plant to release it’s very quick meaning that it is speed 1st then strength just like a sprinter at the bloacks

It’s funny, I always felt like sprints helped me become much more better on the mound.