Complex Training

All I would be doing would be changeing the exercises around that’s about it. Since I have plyo’s for legs on a day by itself right now.

Jeez dude. Stick with a program. Ive been using the same program since last year and I’ve made huge gains and increased my endurance atleast 70%.
Plus I lifted from December 2006 to April 2007. I then lifted in June. Then I started up again September.
For instance:

1st day of High School Baseball:
Bench Press 135.
Dead Lift 225.
Triceps 40 reps with 60lb dumbell.
Curls 25 lbs.
Powercleans 115.
Military 95 lbs.
Conditioning of agility drills and mild sprints, I was DEAD tired.

Last Wednesday:
Bench Press 205.
Deadlift 320.
Triceps 100 reps with 60lb dumbell.
Curls 35 lbs.
Powercleans 150 lbs.
Military 140 lbs.
And this was a 4 day a week program.
Plus consider in baseball season 3 games a week with no lifting on game days.
Surprisingly same conditioning, first time we’d done it since that first day. I was tired, but it was fun and I wasnt really out of breath.

Is this a miracle program?
Nah.
Did I stick with it?
Yeah.

No one understands I’m not changing a current workout I’m going to change Tuff Cuff Phase 3 I’m only on phase 2 so I have been sticking to phase 2 all the way I’m just trying to make phase 3 better nothing wrong with that if I aven’t started it yet. Now people I know what I’m doing stop telling me to stick to my program I’m not in phase 3 right now I’m phase 2.

Back to the last post.

All I would be doing would be changeing the exercises around of phase 3 that’s about it. Since I have plyo’s for legs on a day by itself right now.

I said I was done, but I can’t help myself…

You ask for advice from kc86, he gives it to you, and part of it isn’t what you wanted to hear, so you bring up the whole I’m not changing my program and the all mighty I know what I’m doing so don’t tell me what to do…

TuffCuff is a 52 WEEK PROGRAM by CHANGING Phase 3, you ARE CHANGING the PROGRAM! How hard is it to grasp that concept?

If you actually knew what you are doing you’d have an education, the experience and an athletic background to fully understand what you’re doing with degrees in B.A.(Hons P.E.) and a M.Sc.(Kinesiology) but you don’t because you are only 15! Not to mention you then wouldn’t be asking this question, because you’d ALREADY know the answer to the question because you would ACTUALLY be EDUCATED in this field.

I’m not jumping on you, I’m not making any personal attacks on you, I’m just trying to get a point across to you, but I’m realizing that you’re the type of kid who learns things the hard way.

Let me get something across I think of phase 2 and phase 3 as different workouts. One is hyertrophy {sp} and the other is Strength. I’m looking to change phase 3 which is about 5 weeks away from nothing wrong with that. I’m trying to get the best workout possible there’s nothing wrong with that. Now I’ve had 2 people not to change anything LOL if it’s an average program why not make it better so I can get even better.

Anyone with information on how to use Complex training with a workout then i would love to here it.

Who said it was an average program?

If you think that the different phases are different programs, then you have no real general knowledge of Periodization Training.

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]Who said it was an average program?

If you think that the different phases are different programs, then you have no real general knowledge of Periodization Training.[/quote]

If P90X worked for me, it can work for you!

Ok Hypertrophy {sp} is for cell growth and muscle mass.
Strength is for well power and strength lol.

I’m going to build a base with phase 2 hypertrophy but Phase 3 Strength isn’t a powerfull enough workout that I want. So in phase 3 weeks 1-4 I will do what it has down for the most part made a couple additions of plyometrics and yoga. But weeks 5-8 I was looking to maximize the FT II-b muscle fibers through complex training that was the whole reason I was looking for information.

Tuff Cuff is Very good but I’m making it even better by adding more plyo’s and yoga and ect. to phase 3. I still do highly recommend it still for anyone that wants a good workout.

[quote=“Spencer”][quote=“Wales Diesel”]Who said it was an average program?

If you think that the different phases are different programs, then you have no real general knowledge of Periodization Training.[/quote]

If P90X worked for me, it can work for you![/quote]

Bro ya lost me… P90X???

I believe he is referring to this: http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemType=GATEWAY&itemID=63

Ryan Tatusko (Drafted last year by the Rangers) also liked it if my memory serves me right.

Thanks for the link CF!

RIstar: If you were to add it to your training sessions. I would put it as the main, opening lift for the day. After doing something on this level of intensity, the necessity and desire for the accessory, more isolated movements is probably negated.

Because you would be matching it with a relatively low rep movement, volume shouldn’t become a big deal. But it will be definitely stressful on your CNS. Don’t do it more than once a week probably.

Wales Diesel, I just have some questions because well for the sake of discussion and debate, I thought they could spur quite a lot of talk.

I understand the point you are making with RIStar (his idea of making it “better” is potentially off base), however, wouldn’t tailoring a general program to one’s individual needs be beneficial in the vast majority of situations? Everyone has different things they need to work on most.

When you say Periodization Training, I assume your refer to Western Linear Periodization? If this is conjugate/Eastern Bloc, it is a different discussion entirely. Although the phases need to be in order, why couldn’t one modify each phase as their progress and needs necessitate?

Theoretically they are each their own cycle/period. Granted they are done in order. They are incredibly individual. Linear style has it that once you leave general strength, you focus on explosive strength, and all prior periods are really considered.

To me that looks to be very separated and distinct?

For the record I believe the conjugate method to be far superior but that is probably a whole other discussion entirely.

Whew. I was hoping you would tackle all that CF.

Didnt want to type that much. :wink:

Oh yeah, and conjugate training is awesome. USSR’s gift to the world.

[quote=“kc86”]Whew. I was hoping you would tackle all that CF.

Didnt want to type that much. :wink:

Oh yeah, and conjugate training is awesome. USSR’s gift to the world.[/quote]

Haha, or maybe I’m just long-winded?

The USSR’s government funded sports science research and application definitely put it ahead of the curve. Some of the Russian manuals are among the top things I would like to tackle when I finally get some extra time. Currently reading one written by a German, definitely influenced by Eastern Bloc Methodology.

Yeah, I’d like to read Zatiorsky’s book Science and Practice of Strength Training then Siff’s Supertraining. Hopefully I have some extra time after finals this semester.

Verkhoshansky’s stuff seems a bit beyond my reach, but maybe later.