Community College

Im planning on transferring to a community college near home to play baseball. The only thing is that i will only be there for one semester cause im a sophmore right now. The college is Sauk Valley if anyone had heard of it, they were one win away from the Junior College World Series last year I believe. Anyway i just want your guys imput on the subject, whether to transfer or just work out and tryout for my D1 school again next year. Im topping out at about 85-87 right now.

p.s. I did put this up in the College section, but didnt get any responses or enough viewers so i put it here where the most people will see it. Thanks.

At this point, if baseball’s what you want to keep doing, you’ve got to play. You’ve got to get innings. That’s just not going to happen working out on your own, no matter how dedicated you are.

Do be deterred. If you haven’t talked with the coach at the community college you’re thinking about transfering to, make contact with him. It’s likely that they’re finishing up their fall season. And there’s no guarantees that the’ve got an open spot for an extra guy. (Although because you’re a pitcher, I’ll bet they’ll find room. Everybody needs pitching. And mid to upper 80s is pretty good – even for college.)

So make contact with the baseball coach first. Talk about the program and your chances of being seen and getting an opportunity to compete for a spot on the pitching staff.

Then talk to the school’s guidance counselor and get your academics straightened out. Make sure that the classes you’re taking continue to move you in a direction of graduating down the road. That’s real important.

If it looks like you’ll get a chance to compete for a spot on the pitching staff, and if your academics will apply to a degree some time down the road. Go for it. You deserve it and something will work out.

Let us know how it goes.

Thats exactly what im doin i made sure that my academics tranferred and already talked to the coach. He said that i have a chance of making the starting rotation. Thanks again and i’ll keep u posted on how it goes

[quote=“qball22”]Im planning on transferring to a community college near home to play baseball. …

p.s. I did put this up in the College section, but didnt get any responses or enough viewers so i put it here where the most people will see it. Thanks.[/quote]

Check again … I responded there but won’t repeat here.

Sometimes it takes us a few days to come up with a good answer.

:smiley:

Yeah man i got your reply, i just posted this in the college section and it was like 2 weeks and i didnt get a reply so i put it here

lololol it’s absurd how we are in EXACTLY the same situation. I’m gonna transfer to the community college cause I dont want to waste another year. And my D1 college might not even have room for me next year, I just know I need to do something. Tell me what you decide man