Comments, Concerns?

I was just throwing a quick flat ground at about 60% not trying to slip on that wet tarp :slight_smile: But still any critiques and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys
Ryan Tatusko

Ryan,
Your the longest posting “kid” on this site, 50th person to sign on…what a daggone inspiration you are.
I can’t thank you enough for sparing your time and knowledge.
Your video here looks great…for 60%, smooth, even and well schooled. If you have some game footage I’d be very happy to watch it. 8)
I can’t tell you how proud I am to be associated with young men like you. As for you? Just keep being the class act you are and man…chase that dream!!! :smiley:
I know I’m speaking for our family here when I say; Godspeed and our very best thoughts and wishes for your prospects and future.
jd

JD thank you so much for the amazingly kind words! Unfortunately I do not have any game footbage. I did a complete mechanics overhaul in spring training based on a ton of things that the Texas Rangers, myself and multiple pitching coaches saw. I know I still have a lot of flaws to work on but I feel 200% better than I have before. When ST comes I will try and get more footage of myself in a more game like scenario.

I love being on this forum and helping young pitchers, I disappeared for a little bit because I was in depth with fixing my pitching mechanics, I did the massive overhaul last year and found incredible success, I just know I need to tweak some things now…

Thank you for the incredibly nice words.
Ryan

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Ryan,
Your the longest posting “kid” on this site, 50th person to sign on…what a daggone inspiration you are.
I can’t thank you enough for sparing your time and knowledge.
Your video here looks great…for 60%, smooth, even and well schooled. If you have some game footage I’d be very happy to watch it. 8)
I can’t tell you how proud I am to be associated with young men like you. As for you? Just keep being the class act you are and man…chase that dream!!! :smiley:
I know I’m speaking for our family here when I say; Godspeed and our very best thoughts and wishes for your prospects and future.
jd[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more. You know I think the world of you, Ry-dog!

One comment, a question really: when you come set, how’s your pickoff move to first? The reason I ask is because you come set with your feet slightly wider than I did/recommend, which could make you slower on picks - or at least prevent you from truly catching a runner off base because you’re spread out. It’s nit-picky, but just curious. It may be most comfortable for you, and therefore not something I’d change :slight_smile:

When do you return to Spring Camp?

Agree with JD.

And Steven regarding the feet position - too wide. Causes you to weight shift toward 2B to go into knee lift. Runners will take off on the weight shift. This also makes you slower to the plate.

Straightening the front leg in your set position lets you orient yourself relative to flat ground. But if you bend both legs roughly equally, you’ll orient yourself relative to the slope of the mound and gravity will get you moving forward quicker when you lift your knee. Just something to try.

[quote=“Roger”]

And Steven regarding the feet position - too wide. Causes you to weight shift toward 2B to go into knee lift. Runners will take off on the weight shift. This also makes you slower to the plate.[/quote]

That’s really all I’d change at this point …

Notice in your video how your head and shoulder line (colar bone) from shoulder to shoulder, leans forward while you’re in the initial stage of preparing to move.

Stay more upright with the head, but don’t over do it. Keep that head straight along that shoulder line (colar bone) shoulder to shoulder and much of what you’re doing (per suggestions thus far) will correct themselves. That jaw of yours (chin) should be right over the sternum. Your ears should be just back over the rear portion of your glove side rotor cuff – and stay there during your drive forward.

The human body has a way of “self imposing” certain postures by moving, or not, certain parts of the body, prior to, during, and within the finish cycle of movement.

My suggestion will also find your chest out slightly as your hands seperate and you’ll notice your entire torso will rotate a bit smoother.

I also notice a “casual” finish to your pitching cycle. Although this is common with most, if not all amateurs, don’t allow your body to be so casual. Your finish is just as important as your initial prep, and all else that follows. Discipline yourself to pay more attention to a firm and crisp finish - regardless of the % of demand on your efforts. Remember, you’re doing all this to impress consistency. Repeated discipline, over, and over.

When all of this becomes a challenge, it’s hard work, no fun here - you’re on your way to a much more dynamic aspect of this art. Then and only then does all this become a profession that demands a certain “dues” before respect. And it shows on you big time, and to others.

Coach B.

Steven/Roger. Im a knee to knee lift guy I slide step on every pitch, I spread my legs out like that so I can get a little momentum when I go knee to knee. I will try bending my knees equally though.

Coach Baker…I went back and looked at my video and your right I do tend to lead with my head a little bit as I start, and I will impose on myself a crisper finish!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my video