College player pitching BP for a HS

Is it legal for someone that is in college to throw BP for a HS at a HS practice?

and by legal I mean not against the rules of the NCAA or any MLB rules that would then void the pitcher’s chance to be drafted or something

No…but your coach might lose his mind if he finds out. I would, here I have a kid who is pitching competitively in the college ranks, conditioning, efforts, grades and he’s willing to throw it all away throwing bp for some high school (Steven wouldn’t even shake your right hand in season)…stuff can and does go wrong Spencer…tweak your back or just about any stupid accident that can happen…is the moment of getting thanks from the coach gonna help your regrets over something stupid?
The only rule you’ll violate is Coach Jim’s rule of don’t be a dumba**, let some donkey who couldn’t make the college cut…or better yet some hs coach who gets additional pay for it, throw bp.

Here I was givin you credit for having smarts…(Well at least you thought about it enough to ask) :wink:

I’m of the age where I’m invincible remember?

“I’m of the age where I’m invincible remember?”

More proof why youth is wasted on the young :nod:

You are also suffering from Apparent boneheaditis…treatable with the usage of the tried and true “Old feeble Whiner Birds”, most pairs are called mom and dad to make it simple on the boneheaded sufferer…they sit around all day and squawk “Watchyerass Skippy”…this usually works but sometimes it’s important to borrow the old and feebs…this particular site offers the “Nova Scotian” variety with the “DM ehh Bird”, the Arizonan Roger Squawker…known for his unique call…“Houseandrewsfliesig saaaayss”…and last because it’s a least minor of the Feeb Whiners…it’s the jd geezer gacker…known for it’s highly irritating and slightly nauseating scream…“Maddduxmadduxmaddux youschmuck”…luckily Steven offers their services free to the boneheaded…or they’d rot. :wink:

Anybody coming from that age probably still has some effects lingering
Orel Hershiser rocks!

[i]“Anybody coming from that age probably still has some effects lingering
Orel Hershiser rocks[”/i]

Well ya…

No wait …you’re making a point …right?!?

When they first brought disco to Chicago…a dj had a ceremony at Comensky Park where they burned 14,000 disco albums…they had a riot, the game was called off, Harry Carey, who was the Sox announcer at the time, was so drunk he didn’t even realize what was happening…those my friend were the good old days :wink:

Do you know the White Sox actually had a year in the 70’s where shorts were used instead of baseball pants…Tim Rainse alwats slid head first because his coke vial was in his back pocket? oh yah the 70’s was one messed up decade…they even elected a peanut farmer named Jimmy Carter…the truckers went on strike by making convoys on the interstate and rolling along at 20 mph…are you kiddin me?? They had pitchers like "The Bird and "The Spaceman…anyone who made it out without rehab was likely comatose for some portion of the decade…

There is usually a standard of measure that’s an “unspoken rule of thumb” that competing at the college level, independent league, semi-pro, and other highl levels of organized ball - that competition is a singular activity … sports wise. In other words - if you want to play for this or that club - your only playing for this or that club … period. On the other hand, some colleges will allow a player to compete in other sports … but some coaches are really sensitive about that.

Sometimes it’s a formal contract or writen agreement, other times it’s an attachment document(s) to insurance coverage for medial treatment, and other times it’s a very formal understanding of not only limiting your expertise exclusively to your current club – but also limiting your athletic prowess to other sports like no high diving, football, hockey, skydiving, lacrosse, stock car racing, skateboarding, motocross, rugby, waterskiing,
power lifting, basketball, and even a pie in the face. Sounds foolish I know,but look at it this way … a guy has beaten out seventy or more want-a be’s for a spot on a club’s rotation, trainers and coaches have been signed to a contract to be there for the kid, whirlpools and all kids of rehab and conditioning facilities have been purchased and constructed… and so it goes. Now here comes a kid that everything is in place for … and he goes out and gets bean’d by some 14 year old who connects on a one in million pitch !

That last one is no joke – I had a guy I seriously went after for two years and he only spent three months with us when he had to go home on a personal matter, when he decided to be a nice guy and spend some time with his old Legion coach. Well, needless to say … “ahhhh come on, toss of few for old time sake”, and KER-PLUNK! One of the owners of uour club was so @#%*@ !! that he had everybody … me too, sign an agreement listing all the things that I listed above… and yes … even a pie in the face. All in all, a sobering fact of life hit most of the younger players on the club that highly competitive baseball is really a business more than it’s just having a good time. It cost money to put together a club, an EVERY player is a line item on an expense sheet first, their only an asset when the club is winning.

Coach B.

[quote=“Spencer”]
:puking:

Orel Hershiser rocks![/quote]
Spencer, where do you come up with this stuff?

[quote=“Roger”][quote=“Spencer”]
:puking:

Orel Hershiser rocks![/quote]
Spencer, where do you come up with this stuff?[/quote]

Lol I like how you put in the puking thing. I had just gone to the youtube main page which now features ‘currently being watched’ videos at the top and I was hovering over them to see the names and one said, “baseball boogie,” so I thought, “hmm this should be interesting.” By God it was interesting.

I didn’t make it! I wasn’t even alive then.

To all of you HS players out there … take it from someone who almost lost his sr year in college to this …please, stay off the basketball court.

[quote]Is it legal for someone that is in college to throw BP for a HS at a HS practice?

and by legal I mean not against the rules of the NCAA or any MLB rules that would then void the pitcher’s chance to be drafted or something[/quote]

There is nothing illegal about it and I see no problem in throwing BP as long as you use it as a time to get your work in. A lot of times guys don’t have any hitters to throw against, so they use their old high school guys. I don’t see it as a problem at all.

Some solid advice right there. Keep your a$$es off the court, just stick to the field. You only gotta come down badly one time and that could end it for you,