College baseball

many people think they know what college baseball is like…most are wrong…a lot of people think its kind of like high school except the coaches are better, well, thats not even close to the full story…i go to iowa western, on a 90 percent scholarship, and im treated the same way walk ons are, which in high school coaches favor kids, you are required to lift weights at 5 in the morning here, and these weights are way harder than the ones you guys do on here, workouts done by baylor and the colorado rockies, xp…split squats, lunges, arm curls, arm ext./int, wrist curls, pull ups, ab workouts like nobadys buisiness, and a lot of running, and im not talking 8 poles after you pitch 100 pitches, its more like 24, and when we do a 30 pitch bullpen, you do 16 jog sprint jogs, and then more cardio and ab workouts afterwards, so far im loving it, and i forgot to say that practices are 4 hours long, where pitchers are moving 3 hours and 55 minutes of that, and if you do something wrong, you get embarressed, not trying to scare kids away from college ball, just saying, its a lot different than hs and legion ball, way different, as for how im doing, ive thrown 4 innings this fall, 4 ks, 2 bb’s, ive given up 2 hits, and 1 run, i also have picked off 1 kid, and gotten 7 groundball outs, and 1 flyout, which is a good thing to have, upper 80s fastball with a lot of movement so far, which is a result of keeping my shoulders more level and my arm slot changing, our next game is this saturday, i could pitch anywhere from 2-3 innings

Congrads on your success…I hope it keeps up.
It’s good to know to get a refresher asto how college ball actually is.
I think it’s good that pitchers are pushed that hard to keep in shape though.
We certainly need to be in order to stay on top of our game.

Keep us posted.
Dan

Man that sounds like something I would love and I cant wait till I get to college( one more year ) Unfourtuntly(sp) off-season baseball is a joke around hear. I am one of only three players that are gearing up for next season already. Most the players not playing fall sport are just lazy or dont care. That really pisses me off and I cant wait for college ball. By the way do you have any sidearmers on your team? Oh and good luck the rest of the way.

[quote=“sidearmer05”]Man that sounds like something I would love and I cant wait till I get to college( one more year ) Unfourtuntly(sp) off-season baseball is a joke around hear. I am one of only three players that are gearing up for next season already. Most the players not playing fall sport are just lazy or dont care. That really pisses me off and I cant wait for college ball. By the way do you have any sidearmers on your team? Oh and good luck the rest of the way.[/quote]we dont have any sidearmers

Thanks for the update, Tanner. And good luck in your next outing.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: 8) :lol:
Gettem Big Fella!!!
Man! You were what I’d term “LARGE” when you went…omg!!!
When you are done…I’m thinkin…New Hulk :mrgreen:

If you scare anyone off, they needed to look for something else anyway.