Coaches

What do you do if a coach tells you to do something mechanically wise but you know that it is bad for your arm or makes you less effective?
I said that it would make me a worse pitcher and he got in my face and said I shouldn’t be so uncoachable.

[quote=“Priceless”]What do you do if a coach tells you to do something mechanically wise but you know that it is bad for your arm or makes you less effective?
I said that it would make me a worse pitcher and he got in my face and said I shouldn’t be so uncoachable.[/quote]

If what he says is mechanically wise, how can it be bad for your arm?
Wise = smart

Okay, I was being a wise guy. Sounds like the coach has a bit of an ego, and so do you. Banging egos isn’t the best way to make a point, I can tell you from experience…

What’d he tell you to do?

Hose

well last year I was plain awful, I was mid 70s with good movement but no control. I had a flaw in which my arm became set to early and so I had very little shoulder/ hip seperation. This year I did the put the ball in the back pocket to start my arm swing. I had gained about 3 mphs just because of that. He told me I need to point the ball towards second base which I know is what caused my poor performence. I told him this and showed him about 30 pictures of major leaguers doing it but he still didn’t believe me. He also told me I should get bigger by hitting the weight room. I know that I am not going to do that. First off I am already broad shouldered and I don’t want to get to bulky.

I wouldn’t say that I have an ego, its just that everybody else has told me to stick the ball in my back pocket but the one that really matters my coach tells me not to.

Its hard to do this, but try to approach him calmly and say that your not comfortable doing some of the things hes suggesting. Do NOT get pissed off, or in any way have a irate tone, he will do the same. Hes got more power than you and u need to respect it.

Would you please indicate your age, height and weight?

Coach B.

I am 17 about 5’11’’ and weigh about 170 pounds.