Coaches dillema

ok, me and this kid are obviosly the 2 best pitchers on the team, the one pitched saturday so hes out for tuesdays game, now this team we pla tomorow is #5 in the state, ive pitched against em and allowed 1 run and lost, should he pitch me again or pitch the senior that cant throw strikes

are they a team in your league, a tournament game, or just an independent game?

i dont think win/lost record is that important. if you have shown in the past that you make the better pitches, then you should get the job.

[quote=“ArresChang”]i dont think win/lost record is that important. if you have shown in the past that you make the better pitches, then you should get the job.[/quote]well guess what, our coach is an idiot, the kid pitched 4 innings gave up 15 runs…my theory is correct

Tanner he may well be an idiot, but you still have a couple of years under him. At the HS level, for you and your mates it’s all about winning, in your coaches defense (Lets not forget that he very well may be an idiot) he has to deal with the fact that this guy “is” a senior, a heavy thing, realize that this could be the last this guy (The Sr.) sees of organized baseball…outside of the softball field. You may be and likely are the better pitcher, but I’m not sure you’ve ever dealt with the sorrow that goes along with your Sr. year being that last ball you get to play (And it may just have been his time in the rotation, or your coach wanted to save your arm…etc.)). I just watched 6 really tough kids (18 year old) cry their eyes out because they lost the last game and they realized it was over. Now one of em got drafted to q-back for the Air Force Acadamy and 2 others got drafted by local colleges, but man you could tell it hurt those guys bad.
Keep working hard, worry only about your own assignments, help your team to the very best of yor abilities.
My hopes are that you don’t have a last day of Baseball until you are ready.