Coach

[size=24]COACH’S THAT SCREAM AND FIND FAULT WITH THE AMATEURS UNDER THEIR CHARGE, OFFER A SIGNATURE TO THE FAILURES IN THEIR OWN LIFE, NOT TO THE WITNESS OF THOSE THEY COACH.[/size]

Coach B.

Its funny you should make that particular post at the end of a week that provided me with something I’d never quite seen the like of in HS before.

On Wed we were playing a league rival at their house. They’d beaten us the day before at our place in a very exciting game that came down to the last batter in the bottom of the 7th. In this game, although we had several great opportunities to blow the game open, we trailed 6-3 going into our 7th. One little thing led to another, and when we were done, we’d taken the lead at 7-6. They had runners on the corners with 2 outs, but we dodged a bullet and ended up winning the game.

No sooner had the last out been made, and everyone became aware that there was a mighty big ruckus going on over at the home team’s dugout. Talk about a hissy fit! The HC was kicking everything he could reach with either foot, and what he didn’t kick he grabbed and threw. Bats, helmets, water jug, bat bags, and just about everything else that wasn’t nailed down was flying around.

Now I’ve seen some coached get snippy, and seen more than a few get to hollerin’ and yellin’. But I’d never seen one go that whacky. I don’t know if he was saying anything during his little outburst, but I do know he didn’t score any points with anyone on our side of the field, and I don’t think those on the other side were much more pleased than we were. :frowning:

I find that coaches who scream waste the best instructional moments. Right when something goes wrong and it’s fresh in the players’ minds, a coach’s instruction will be easily related to the situation at hand and understood the best. Don’t waste those moments by screaming. (You might wait until the end of the inning to provide that instruction, though.)

Hahahahha

Well said Roger