Clemens?

Could someone just tell me real quick what pitches Clemens throws?
I have very similar mechanics (my leg doesnt come up as far, and I obviously dont throw anywhere near the speed he does), but I just wanted to try and throw some of his pitches and see if they worked for me
I know he throws a 4 seam, and a splitter. What else?
Thanks.

ive seen him throw a sinker ,splitter , 4 seamer and a slight cutter.Ive been told he throws a slider too but i dont see that very often.

word of advice , just because you have similar mechanics does not mean you HAVE to throw like him.develope ur own style.anyways i can also throw a sinker and splitter , theyre both effective , they get alot of guys just fishing like crazy.you also get alot of those choosey ass guys who never swing…bastards…

Heh, I know I don’t have to throw the same pitches. I was just trying to add something else to my arsenal, and I really didn’t know what pitches to throw. I mean, at the JV level of course your taught and told to learn a 4seam, curve, and change. But, I have trouble getting my change to move at all, and sometimes struggle with curve location. I figured a harder moving pitch like a sinker/cutter/splitter ect… would add a whole new dimension to my pitching. Then they couldn’t sit looking fora fastball or change or something.
Thanks for the reply by the way.

[quote=“GottyJ”]ive seen him throw a sinker ,splitter , 4 seamer and a slight cutter.Ive been told he throws a slider too but i dont see that very often.

word of advice , just because you have similar mechanics does not mean you HAVE to throw like him.develope ur own style.anyways i can also throw a sinker and splitter , theyre both effective , they get alot of guys just fishing like crazy.you also get alot of those choosey a** guys who never swing…bastards…[/quote]i believe its more like a cutter

whats more like a cutter?

[quote]Heres a change up i throw , it’s very difficult to control at first so i advise you use it during warm up and BP for practice before using it in games:

Place the ball deep against ur palm and hold the ball there using ur thumb only. Have ur finger not even touching the ball.The pitch flies high at first just remeber to aim it low (whe i say aim i dont mean in literally)
The frictions between ur palm agaisnt the ball and the thumb slows the ball down well…and since ur thumb as it tightly the ball has dropping spin to it making the pitch drop as it reaches the batter.It almost looks like a forkball if throw correctly.

If you’re worried about the batter seeing ur fingers , dont be ive asked both batter and catcher when i throw it if they see the fingers and they say no.
[/quote]

thats how i throw a change up , it drops like a forkball so it should be effective.

You said a harder other pitch. I throw anywhere from 80-85 with my fastball. and 72-75 with my change up, 70-73 with my curve, and about 71-73 with my splitter.

If you are wanting a harder pitch learn the slider. But if I were you I would wait until you are older, because if you throw it inproperly, then if could hurt you.

Dan

[quote=“GottyJ”]whats more like a cutter?

[quote]Heres a change up i throw , it’s very difficult to control at first so i advise you use it during warm up and BP for practice before using it in games:

Place the ball deep against ur palm and hold the ball there using ur thumb only. Have ur finger not even touching the ball.The pitch flies high at first just remeber to aim it low (whe i say aim i dont mean in literally)
The frictions between ur palm agaisnt the ball and the thumb slows the ball down well…and since ur thumb as it tightly the ball has dropping spin to it making the pitch drop as it reaches the batter.It almost looks like a forkball if throw correctly.

If you’re worried about the batter seeing ur fingers , dont be ive asked both batter and catcher when i throw it if they see the fingers and they say no.
[/quote]

thats how i throw a change up , it drops like a forkball so it should be effective.[/quote]his slider that u said is more like a cutter