Class of 2021 - Freshman

I am a 5’10 175lb Pitcher from Centre County, PA. I am a JV starter and have a fastball around 79-83 mph (I’ve topped 86). I throw a 12-6 Curveball which is probably around 60-65 mph with a nice break. I also throw a circle change but that is still kind of a work in progress pitch. I currently am 2-0 on the year with 20 Ks and an ERA of 0.41, I am looking for any tips or opinions, thank you.

How old are you? I don’t want to assume that you are 14 based upon being a Freshman. I would like to see a video of a Freshman throwing low 80s. Would you be able to post a video?

As far as opinions, what is it that you are looking for opinions about?

Yes sir I am 14, and I will try to have a video up by tomorrow on this thread, but I need some opinions on some more pitches to maybe equip myself with or maybe even some dietary opinions, anything really helps.

There won’t be many kids that can hit your fastball. I’d stick with that primarily. You must throw some sort of off speed pitch as well. You don’t need to use it often, just enough to keep the hitter off balance. Whatever off speed pitch you have that you can throw most accurately should be what you use.

The problem with having a dominant fastball can come from a couple of areas. You get fewer swings because you are overpowering the hitters. Also, umpires do not expand the strike zone when pitchers overpower the hitters. Both of these factors will increase your pitch counts because you will be throwing 4-6 pitches per batter unless you are pounding the strike zone. If you are pounding the zone, you can stick with fastballs all day and maybe drop in a curve at some point vs the best hitter on each team.

I can’t really get into much detail unless I see what you are doing.

As far as I know, you don’t pitch as fast as you say you do without a video. Sorry but videos are key to helping