Circle Change

I am having trouble locating my circle change. I throw the circle like you are supposed and the pitch has good movement but it is always really low, and I mean barely reaches the plate low. Please help!

And what is the problem with keeping your change up down, you certainly don’t want to leave a change up in the middle. It’s not a pitch you are going to use up and in.

Here is somethig to try. As you release the ball open your fingers. This could help with control. After you master that, next try turing your thumb
down also as you release the ball. It should take on a sinkiing actiion.

Here is somethig to try. As you release the ball open your fingers. This could help with control. After you master that, next try turing your thumb
down also as you release the ball. It should take on a sinkiing actiion.

He said it barely reaches the plate which wouldn’t be good becuase then only an idiot will swing at it. You also need to be able to throw it as a strike.

Maby your actually slowing your arm down instead of keeping it at the same speed. Chances are you are doing this to make your changeup look slower so a coach or a friend gets impressed when in reality it’s very easy to pick up.

I agree that this could be the issue. Make your you throw all of your pitches using fastball arm speed.

are you pronating as you release the pitch to get it to turn inside? if you are stop doing that until you get control of it. once its under control work on pronating

High School varsity is full of idiots then…this is the best, no doubt about it, wipe out pitch in high school ball. The VAST majority of good changes should drop off the table…you are begging a bad hitter to crush you if you are 8-10 mph slower and leave that over the plate for a strike :crazy:
My kid will strike out D-1 hitters on it all afternoon…has done it, will in the future do it. Just don’t break it out the first time through the order, have a catcher that can drop and block and watch the K total rise. Those idiots Bower, will look bad, be demoralized and sulk as they go and sit their idiot azzez down on the bench as you mow through them. check swings, ugly bad looking swings…they’ll hit the bat and act like it has a hole in it. You gotta be nuts to want to throw it in the zone…think about it…you’d only be able to use it on someone absolutely hanging on a high fastball if that was the case. Why because a good hitter will keep his hands back and a bad hitter will just go around bragging that he hit your fastball…if it’s in the zone.
My advice to the poster is smile…use it on the big hitters who “think” they can hit your fastball. Keeping it low is really ok, not a problem and where you need to keep it. Just keep working it until you feel you can make it look exactly like your fastball.

if you can’t locate the circle change, try the C-change up, or the palm ball
also pronate your arm when throwing it.

[quote][/quote]

You know I just started throwing this instead of a regular change up… Got good comments from the other team today when i was warming up… They said i have a nasty C-change… that thing was dropping off so much…

didnt throw it in the game tho… :cry:

I got a question bout this pitch even tho i throw it… My circle change drops about a foot… is this a good or bad thing?

Good!

Cause this thing looks like a fast ball right down the pipe and then it drops off the table… thats why i was curious.

Change your grip around. Play with it until you feel comfortable.
Also, when your warming up, throw the changeup for the most part, rather than the fastball grip. It just takes a while for everything to feel right. Keep at it…oh, and there is nothing wrong with your changeup being waqy down in the zone.

yea i throw a circle change and i had to play with my grip for awhile. mine darts down and in on a righty severely, just before it gets to the plate. is it “unorthodox” to hold the pitch with my circle not even being on the ball? i have my middle and ring fingers on the seems, my pinky on the side/bottom and my pointer and thumb making a circle an the ball is tucked deep in my hand so the circle isnt on the ball at all…

If your guys’ changeups keep bouncing in front of the plate because of sink, it might be a good idea to find a different (earlier) release point to account for you sink. Change your focal point.