Chris O'Leary-Read this please

Hey Chris O’Leary I love your site but I have one request…can you do a “how to” mechanical analysis of Josh Beckett like you did with Justin Verlander. Beckett is the player whom I most resemble with my mechanics and look to for differences and tweaks to help myself so if you could I would freakin love it thanks.

can you provide a link to this how to of justin verlander? thanks.

nvm found it.

I would like an analysis of Roy Halladay some time.

I must tell my appreciation to O’Leary’s website and research. I’ve studied it trough the winter to improve and I’ve got great results 8) Keep up good job.

Yep same here. Hes got a great website for hitting and pitching

Beckett is a very common request and is next on my list as a result.

What’s been delaying me is that he’s right on the borderline and I’ve been trying to make up my mind about him.

yeah i requested Beckett a while ago too, he’s a very interesting pitcher and I’m looking forward to your analysis of him.

I’ll try:

Beckett’s elbow gets above his shoulder a bit in these pics, so we may be looking at shoulder problems.

Timing looks pretty good though, to go with his good hip/shoulder separation:

But he’s not showing the ball to center, so his elbow should be safe.

He also throws a hard 2 seam fastball with tailing movement so he powerfully pronates his pitches. That should also protect the elbow.

His past blister injuries have probably helped his case in that it has lessened his workload throughout the years.

And for extra credit, I think he invented a new yoga pose:

That’s my prediction on Chris’s analysis.

awesome…thanks guys for the help and Mr. O’Leary just let me know when you have your analysis done on him.

Thanks alot

[quote=“palo20”]Beckett’s elbow gets above his shoulder a bit in these pics, so we may be looking at shoulder problems.

That’s my prediction on Chris’s analysis.[/quote]

Not bad.

I am more concerned about Beckett’s shoulder more than his elbow.

I’ve got to go through some clips and see how good his timing is and whether his elbow drops before his shoulders start to rotate.

As I said, his PAS shoulder height is right on the borderline.

[quote=“palo20”]And for extra credit, I think he invented a new yoga pose:

[/quote]

Hahaha every pitcher has that pose in some way :laughing:

I checked out Chris O’leary’s site and I found it pretty insightful. I was wondering if the pitching arm side elbow is still supposed to remain below shoulder level at the point of release. I also wanted to know what part of the arm (elbow/shoulder) is affected by keeping the elbow at shoulder level.

In the vast majority of cases, the elbow is at the level of the shoulders at the release point.

The laws of physics dictate this, and pitchers have little to no control over it.

A high PAS elbow can directly lead to should problems and indirectly (by screwing up one’s timing) to shoulder and elbow problems.