"Chicken Surprise"

After a tough two week road trip, a coach gets some home time and decides to take his wife to a real nice Chinese restaurant, and order the “Chicken Surprise”.

The waiter brings the meal, served in a lidded cast iron pot. Just as the wife is about to serve herself, the lid of the pot rises slightly and she briefly sees two beady little eyes looking around, before the lid slams back down.

‘Good grief, did you see that?’ she asks her husband.

He hadn’t, so she asks him to look in the pot.

He reaches for it and again the lid rises and he sees two little eyes, looking around before it slams down.

Rather perturbed, the coach calls the waiter over, explains what is happening, and demands an explanation.

‘Please sir,’ says the waiter, ‘what you order?’

The coach replies, ‘Chicken Surprise’

(You’re going to love this, wait for it… wait for it …)

"Ah! So sorry,’’ says the waiter, ‘‘I bring you Peeking Duck by mistake’’…
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/CoachBaker/kidding_zps07a4b9ba.jpg

Yeah, you never know what you’re going to get. And this story reminds me of an old poem about a man who entered a restaurant, sat down and ordered stew. When it came, he saw in the middle of the plate a large mouse—no, not the computer kind. When he called the waiter over and started to complain, the waiter shushed him: "Hey, pipe down! Not so loud, or the other customers are going to want one too!"
Which raises a point about when I was pitching; the batters never knew what they were going to get—a knuckle-curve, a hard slider with crossfire, a Bugs Bunny changeup, anything but that much-desired fastball which they would never get from me because I didn’t have one! And what I got was a whole lot of delicious strikeouts.