Check Out This Video

I thought it was interesting that he was throwing a “pronation curve.” Uhh… what is a pronation curve? Is it a Mike Marshall thing? How does it move? Is it a screwball?

Also, check out the shortstop. All I have to say is LOL. 8)

A video of a pronating cureveball was brought up before. If I’m correct, I may not be, it’s very simple. When throwing a normal curveball after the followthrough your middle finger is the first finger to move toward your body. Follow?

With the pronating curveball your pointer finger is the first one to reach your body. Same spin on the ball just the pronating curveball is said to be less stress on your arm. I heard that the real way to throw a curveball is to pronate anyways. That this is nothing new. Everythings the same until release and with the pronating cureveball you roll your hand counter clockwise for a RHP and clockwise for a LHP. Same wrist angle. It’s just like pronating with a fastball but you turn your wrist like a curve.

Clear things up?

Someone who knows more about this please check this over and see if it’s right.

5 curve balls in a row to the same batter. What the … !?

No offense, but this kid’s never going to make it in baseball. Too bad.

lol thats mad harsh u don even kno the kid

lol, i defiintely agree with steve. thats not even pitching.

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]5 curve balls in a row to the same batter. What the … !?

No offense, but this kid’s never going to make it in baseball. Too bad.[/quote]

I can almost guarantee the coach called the pitches. That’s what my coach would do…

[quote=“Bower”]A video of a pronating cureveball was brought up before. If I’m correct, I may not be, it’s very simple. When throwing a normal curveball after the followthrough your middle finger is the first finger to move toward your body. Follow?

With the pronating curveball your pointer finger is the first one to reach your body. Same spin on the ball just the pronating curveball is said to be less stress on your arm. I heard that the real way to throw a curveball is to pronate anyways. That this is nothing new. Everythings the same until release and with the pronating cureveball you roll your hand counter clockwise for a RHP and clockwise for a LHP. Same wrist angle. It’s just like pronating with a fastball but you turn your wrist like a curve.

Clear things up?

Someone who knows more about this please check this over and see if it’s right.[/quote]

That sounds about right. If anyone wants to see slow-motion video of a pronation curve, there are some at Mike Marshall’s website.

In order for you to pronate a curveball you must first have this much supination during forearm acceleration.

In addition, your release point must be over the top and as high as possible.

I think it means you throw it like a changeup but you throw over the ball. (Palm facing out)

No it’s not “like a changeup” at all. For a changeup you have the middle and ring fingers behind the ball at release. For a pronation curve (or any other kind of curve), the ball rolls off and over you index finger. It’s physically impossible for you to produce backspin on the ball if you fingers are behind the ball. They have to be in front of the ball. Once again, just go to Dr. Marshall’s website
http://www.drmikemarshall.com/AnalysisofDrMarshalls2007BaseballPitchers.html
and click on the link to one of his videos, and you will see what I mean.

worst video ever, seriously put down the popcorn, hold the camera with 2 hands and zoom out. i would stand in the front of the batters box and knock the crap outta that thing before it started breaking.

the SS is great.