Changing Colleges

Hey everyone, so this last school year I attended a D2 NAIA College and played ball there, the season went well and I got moved from relief work to a starting position, I plan on going back for another year of starting work and if the season goes as well as last year (hopefully better) I would like to look into going to a more competitive school. I guess all I really want to know is: 1.) What’s the best way to approach a coach? 2.) Are there any eligibility issues when transferring. 3.) If anyone has any suggestions to schools.

I’m 6’5" 210 lbs and 20 Years Old.

4 Seam FB - 88-92
Curve 78-82
Change 81-83
Split 81-83

Thanks for any advice in advance.

You either attened a D2 or an NAIA, not both.

If you are that far along in your college, then you should already know how to approach a coach.

You also should have plenty of sources for eligibility questions. You have a coach don’t you?

Why don’t you tell us the school you attended and post a video. I’m sure everyone would be interested in hearing all about it and seeing your stuff.

[quote=“Dino”]You either attened a D2 or an NAIA, not both.

If you are that far along in your college, then you should already know how to approach a coach.

You also should have plenty of sources for eligibility questions. You have a coach don’t you?

Why don’t you tell us the school you attended and post a video. I’m sure everyone would be interested in hearing all about it and seeing your stuff.[/quote]

You already supplied him with false information since there are different levels of NAIA schools. Including DI and DII NAIA schools.

Approaching a coach about leaving is different from approaching a coach about anything else. You’re not going to just go up to him and say “Hey coach i’m thinking about leaving the team because i want to play somewhere competitive”

ANYWAY - My advice would be to do as much research online and find out if you need a release or anything. There are higher academic standards for NCAA then NAIA so there is always that problem. If you are transferring within division or conference i would guess their is a transfer rule but i don’t know first hand.

I stand corrected. There is indeed NAIA Division II. I may have misread the post as just another worm masquerading as a student athlete looking for advice. If so, my apologies. Lately there have been so many ridiculous posts i.e Dr. Andrews that it is like a minefield out here.

The last thing I want to do is provide false information so I am going to send myself down to the minors and take some time off. Adios.

there are NAIA DI and DII for certain sports, but I’m pretty sure this isnt the case with baseball, I think its all one division. But I could very easily be wrong.

I know this is an older post but I just thought I would add to this information because I know personally I’ll read old posts just to learn from them and I always figure the more information the better.