Change

can anyone help me with a change up, i know how to grip it but whenever i throw one it doesn’t seem to work :x

and the first time i thought it worked…it went about 350 feet :evil: :evil: :evil:

HELP!!!

i’d really appreciate it

[quote=“Too-Mutch13”]can anyone help me with a change up, i know how to grip it but whenever i throw one it doesn’t seem to work :x

and the first time i thought it worked…it went about 350 feet :evil: :evil: :evil:

HELP!!!

i’d really appreciate it[/quote]

350 feet?! WOW I’d LOVE a CH like that!

the guy that hit it made it go about 350 feet

Oh lol I wasn’t thinkin like that

You could have executed the pitch properly but that doesn’t guarantee it will be successful.

everyone thinks the change is an easy pitch to learn. it is tough. they sent santana to instructional and winter ball and told him to throw it till it was effective. he got hit pretty hard till he figured it out. now he doesn’t throw 10 breaking pitches per game.

when you get mashed you are slowing your arm down to make it slower. hitters will see this. you must find a grip that you can actually throw it harder and it comes out 10 to 15mph slower.

i like to teach placing the thumb and RING FINGER on the equator of the ball and throwing a fastball off the ring finger. if you will get in a cage and throw the length of the cage or play long toss using the grip, it will get comfortable after about 1000 to 1500 repetitions (not all at once of course). then you have to throw it until you gain confidence and they start to miss.

get some guys and pitch a simulated cage game and throw nothing but fastballs and change ups. throw the change up at least 60% of the time. the hitters will tell you when it’s getting good. you must find some way to throw in a game situation and get through the learning curve. throw it dude. if they keep hitting it bean’m or learn a spitter.

Pardon my ignorance but what do you do with the rest of your fingers ?