Canada

I’m currently living in Canada and as you all probably know our dollar is skyrocketing, so I decided to make the most of this opportunity to cash in on baseball equipment in the US. Just wondering where can I get a good deal on Wood Bats and Under Armour. Also what type of under armor do you suggest and what type of bat ? Thanks alot

I’m 5’'8
135lbs

[quote=“timmyg123”]I’m currently living in Canada and as you all probably know our dollar is skyrocketing, so I decided to make the most of this opportunity to cash in on baseball equipment in the US. Just wondering where can I get a good deal on Wood Bats and Under Armour. Also what type of under armor do you suggest and what type of bat ? Thanks alot

I’m 5’'8
135lbs[/quote]

I like under armor metal but that is kind of rare now.

the cleats or clothing?

clothing.

Long sleeve heatgear from under armor is nice. I think the current line is blitz or something

yea I like those, I’m not sure whether I should get HeatGear or Coldgear. In Canada we get both cold and hot… :?

I have 3 heatgear and 2 cold gear.

Eastbay, baseball express and linedrive all have decent prices and the latest stuff

I checked out there websites… Baseball express is selling Under Armor Blitz for 29.99$ pretty good[/quote]

Check out Dick’s Sporting Goods

As far as UA, you can order it through a place like Source for Sports up here in Canada and you’ll still get a good deal.

o really? It would be cheaper to order it from an American store.

You’re forgetting to factor into the shipping and handling charges along with the tax you’d pay IF you were to order online. If you cross the border and buy it yourself you’ll save a couple bucks.

yea true but you would save like 30-40$ on UA

Are you talking if you where to go over and physically buy it, or if you were to order it online?

physically go there

Definitely worth driving cross the border to pick everything up then!

I made this post from an earlier subject on BATS–

If your serious about your place in the game and your progression talent wise I strongly suggest that you consider starting a collection of the following: (again, if your serious about the game and being looked at based on your overall talent.)
[color=blue]1st -Rawlings Big Stick 325 Light 34 IN
2nd-Rawlings Big Stick 232 32 IN PROFESSIONAL MODEL
3rd- Louisville Slugger #125 Flame Tempered C243
4th- Louisville Slugger #180 Flame Tempered GRAND SLAM [/color]

Like I said, if your serious about your presence and your ability to play ball the way it should be played, these bats are wood and their of different weights and lengths.
Having a collection like this in your bag is like a mechanic having a roll-a-way tool box. As with the mechanic - you have different tools (bats) for different hitting scenarios. For example - a 34 inch bat that’s agreeable in weight is great for “hitting for yourself”, on the other hand a 32 inch bat shortens the bat’s sweet spot back to your hands just enough so you can fight off the inside pitch and avoid hitting into a double play.
I know metal bats are expense. so, you’ll spend just about the same starting a modest collection of wooden bats. And while your at it, get a couple of rolls of good-ole black friction tape and wrap the handle of your bat’s up about fifteen (15) inches from the bat’s heel. That’ll help cushion the “Bees”.
And here’s a side benefit to using wood - it makes you a lot sharper as a pitcher then you might think. Using wood takes a lot more concentration in the art of hitting - thus, you see the other side of the picture more clearly from a batter’s point of view. And that’s one of the hallmarks of a good pitcher - learning by doing. Observe - practice - perform -perfect- observe - practice

Coach B.