Canada and USA in hockey World Juniors gold medal game

Well, it’s my favorite time of every year. Yes, the hockey world junior championships. I am Canadian, after all!! So, tomorrow night we square off against the US in the gold medal match. :snowfight: To tell you the truth, I was kind of hoping the Swedes would have beaten the US last night because I really don’t like the idea of playing the US in the gold medal game. We were lucky to beat them in the round robin.

Go Canada!!! :drunkard:

When I was a kid, there was pond not far from our ball field that we use to skate on.

In any event, I really couldn’t stand up on the darn things so hockey was out of the question - BUT, I could plant myself in one place and act like I knew what I was doing as a goalie.

A family from Quebec was visiting relatives in the neighborhood and they found themselves on the pond one afternoon, skating with the rest of us. When the hockey sticks came out and the rubber biscuit was dropped - they wanted in. These kids were smaller than us — so, why not.

After about ten minutes of skating, I got knuckled off the skull about forty times, two of my buddies had black eyes, and the rest of group found themselves in the bushes from time to time.

It turned out that they were part of family that was famous for some hockey greats or something like that, in Quebec. Never seen anybody skate like those kids – never!

That was the last time I visited that pond during the winter. Even today, while driving by once and while, I’ll remember where this guy landed, this guy nearly lost his teeth, and I nearly got a concussion.

:rolllaugh: Coach B, that’s funny.

I’ve never been a star player but wasn’t too bad. There was always someone who would show up and skate circles around you or rub you out unceremoniously (a little elbow to the ribs wasn’t out of the question either). Luckily, I still have all of my teeth. :smiley:

Anyway, I look forward to this tournament all year. Awesome effort by these kids. It’s a combination that can’t lose for the fans. Representing your country and hoping to get into the big leagues. They leave nothing in the dressing room and all of it on the ice.

Canada’s going for our 6th gold medal in a row, a record but we’ve got our work cut out for us tomorrow night against the US. We were incredibly lucky to squeak out the 5-4 win in a shootout during the round robin. The US outplayed us in that game. We’ll be up for it tomorrow night though.

:duel:

Go Canada go!!! :goteam:

USA USA!!!
I respect the crap out of any hockey player, skating by it’s self is extremely hard. It’s probably my favorite sport to watch other than baseball. I’m pretty excited for the winter games; national pride always makes a hockey game even more entertaining.

what’s hockey? :hide:

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]what’s hockey? :hide:[/quote] :shock: Such blasphemy!!! Good thing you don’t live north of the border.

Go Canada!! :ole:

Man, what a game!! Congrats to the US team’s win in overtime. It was very exciting with the US up by 2 goals with only a couple of minutes left in the 3rd period. Canada scored 2 quick goals to tie it up and send it to OT where the US scored to put it away. Great hockey. Fast, fast, fast.

usa! usa! usa!