Can Proper Mechanics Help Velocity?

Im a Junior in high school and i throw in the mid to high 80’s. Ive been strugling with breaking my arms and not striding far enough. Im 6’2 185
and advice for me or comments thx

Proper mechanics can certainly help. It’s a lot more than just breaking the arms and a sufficiently long stride; there are other things that factor into it. Like finding your arm slot and sticking with it. Like getting your whole body into the action and not throwing with just your arm and your shoulder. Like—Let me explain what I did as a kid that carried over into my more-than-two-decades playing days.
When I used to go to the original Yankee Stadium—I could walk that mile or so and I often did—I would watch the pitchers. And I noticed that the Yankees’ Big Three—Reynolds, Raschi and Lopat—were all doing the same thing: they were driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, and that was how they were generating the power behind their pitches. I saw exactly how they were doing this, and I made a note of it and started working on it on my own, and as I practiced this essential element of good mechanics I discovered that not only was I getting more power into my pitches, I was also throwing harder—and faster—than I had been doing before. It took a lot of pressure off my arm and shoulder, so it seemed as if they were just going along for the ride, and I was pitching with much less effort.
Good mechanics also has to do with things like completing your follow-through—finishing your pitches—and, especially your control and command, being able to put the ball where you want it to go. Think about all this and decide how you want to go about refining it. Then do it!

Sure improved mechanics do help :wink:

Improved mechanics will help. The key is, you mustn’t get power from your arm, but rather your legs and core. If you use your whole body to throw, rather than just your arm, you’ll throw harder.

Makes sense, doesn’t it? :smiley:

whoever made the post about the 600 muscles working together to throw over 90. that post is exactlyyy what people need to understand.