Can I get to 90 by next year

I am a junior in high school who has played baseball my entire life but never really pitched. Now at practice they want to make me a PO because I am 6’2" and 195 lbs. Today I topped 78 in a bullpen. There are a few factors though like, we had started a throwing program this week and it was the last day of the week after I took three rounds of BP, and I have never really actually learned the proper mechanics to pitching. I always assumed it was just kinda grip it and rip it and bigger dudes throw harder but as I have learned today that is not the case. Can anybody tell me if it is possible for me to throw upper 80’s low 90’s with consistent gym work and finding a pitching coach to teach me the right mechanics. Thanks yall!

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I would like to give you three very important pieces of advice to help you get there.

1. Do more sprinting than long-distance running
  2. When working out do more powerlifting than trying to bulk up. Keep your reps low and above 80% of your one-rep max and gradually increase weight safely and with proper form and have a spotter assist you.
  3. This one is the most important - stretch and become as loose and limber as possible. Stretch your legs, hips, back, arms, shoulders, neck, ankles, and wrists. Do stretching using proper form and in a safe manner. Stretch!,

When sprinting keep track of your times, when your times begin to drop stop sprinting.
Make certain you get enough rest in between workouts, get enough sleep and eat, have a proper diet, and fuel your body with healthy nutritious food. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Find workouts that you like doing the most and it will be like having a play day every day. Good luck and keep us updated along the way.

TopGun
Former College Pitcher and current pitching coach.