Cam's Pitching Log

Okay, here goes. I’m going to start one of these to track progress, and to keep myself focused and motivated. First step, diet and exercise. I need to get myself in peak physical condition before I can even think of throwing some muy caliente nacho cheese. So last week, I went to the fitness center at work and signed up for a membership. They took my measurements, BMI, etc. and this is where I stand (literally):

Height: 71’
Wight: 138.5 lb
Body Fat: 10.5%
BMI: 19.3

So, yeah. I’m a small guy. There’s not much to me. I look twelve. Heck, I had to grow a beard just so they’d let me pump my own gas. I seem to have a lot of trouble putting weight on - I have a crazy high metabolism - so I’m going to work towards putting some weight on, so that my body has a bit more to work with in terms of building muscle. I think I’ve narrowed down the key to accomplishing this goal:

Eat breakfast.

I rarely, if ever, eat breakfast. Most of the time, I’m too rushed, or my stomach is upset, just from general anxiety in the morning. If I get up earlier, I should at least have a chance to calm down with enough time left to eat a bowl of cereal before I head off to work. If I can move my sleep schedule far enough back, I could also change my schedule so that I work earlier, and get home earlier, with more time to throw in the evenings. Plus, if I eat something healthy before I leave in the morning, I’m much less likely to snack on junk throughout the day. As you can see, the benefits of eating breakfast are far-reaching. I intend to keep a journal of what I eat so that I can make the appropriate changes in my diet.

I’m also starting on a regimen of exercise and throwing, with some cardio thrown in on “off days.”

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are for strength and power exercises. My fitness center put together a nice program of baseball-specific stretches to increase flexibilty, coupled with a variety of squats, lunges, rows, etc. to get me in shape.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are for cardio, running on a treadmill or stationary bike at home.

Saturday is pitching day! :smiley: I’m going to build a backstop and a bump in my parent’s backyard since they have so much land. Wednesday may be a pitching day too, as soon as I find a coach. I have Wednesdays off so I can go to the fitness center and work out, then go meet my coach and throw.

That’s where I am now. I’m eager to take any and all advice you guys have to offer.

Looking forward to following you too bud! Add me on Facebook.