Bushnell Radar Gun

Well my radar gun game today and I gave it a try…

I was wondering if anyone that was more experienced new of the most effective spot to take readings from.

Also I was somewhat puzzled, here’s my question:

I was coming in at a consistent 62-63, so I know it’s pretty consitent, little brother constant 53-53.
Anyways I’m 15 and have played with and against some very talented kids, however I would definately say I have above average velocity for my age, atleast not below average (as it would suggest). A buddy of mine has a higher end radar gun (haven’t been measured on it) he clocks in at 68, and definately thinks I throw harder??? and my little brother was clocked at some tournament at 56-57, and his arms definately stronger than when he was clocked

This really bugged me, I mean I release going down ball get to home just fine, if I was actually throwing around 60, I thought I would have to release tha ball up to get it there???

Another thing is, I know there’s no way the little leaguers are throwing 15mph harder

Also my throwing distance is easily 240ft+, I thought 60mph maxed out at about 190ft.

Since it is consistent I still like it, cause I feel like I can track progress, however, I just can’t imagine it’s acccurate. I’m not trying to brag or sound egotistical so I just don’t feel like that could be accurate.

Here’s the explanation if anyone cares:

http://copradar.com/preview/chapt4/f4d1d4.gif

We were measuring from between a 25 and 35 degree angle so it’s all good, main thing is it consistent so I give the Busnell an A++
(all radar guns are subject to this effect

Can someone give us an example as to where to set up for a good reading?

Good position or location in relation to where the pitcher is throwing?

[quote=“baseballbum”]Can someone give us an example as to where to set up for a good reading?

Good position or location in relation to where the pitcher is throwing?[/quote]

The best and most accurate reading you will get from a doppler radar gun such as that, is either directly behind the pitcher, or behind the catcher.

The best position for a radar gun is directly behind the plate, at the catchers eye level. That’s where you see the radar gun’s in professional stadiums on TV. Bushnell radar gun’s are very accuate though.