Building from scratch

I am new to the pitching game and I just love it. There is wall near my house and I’m down there every other day. Only problem is I’m teaching myself, alot of trial and error.

I’ve tried mimicing a few pros, I’m most accurate when I throw like Morris from San Fran.

Much to my suprise my best pitch is an 11-5 curve. My worst is a circle change which always hits the ground before reacing the target.

I’m never going to be a pro but I do want to improve and as far as I can tell the first step is developing some repetable mechanics. So I set this challenge to you, how would you teach someone to throw using only the internet?

Video yourself and put it on here. Then listen to the compents made about your mechanics and work on it. Thats my suggestion.

Youve got to remember each pitcher is unique, and copying the pros might be fun, but in the end it gets you nowhere.

Yeah I know it, it’s just that I don’t have any other point of reference so I do what I see.

My lead foot lands across my body a little (toward my throwing hand) and throwing hard leads me to fall toward my glove side (something I’m working on changing)

[quote=“Manik”]Yeah I know it, it’s just that I don’t have any other point of reference so I do what I see.

My lead foot lands across my body a little (toward my throwing hand) and throwing hard leads me to fall toward my glove side (something I’m working on changing)[/quote]
Usually, when this happens, you end up bending at the waist toward the glove side in an attempt to get the upper half in line with the target. This represents a late posture change that is undesirable. Not only does it lead to you falling off to the glove side but it also pulls your release point back and raises it up and, in general, makes it inconsistent. Striding to the throwing side can also limit hip rotation.

If you stride to the throwing side only a small bit, you can sometimes address this by moving to the glove side of the rubber. That allows you to stride onto the center line between the rubber and home plate instead of striding away from it. That, in turn, reduces how much correction you need to get squared up to the plate. But if this doesn’t do the trick, then you simply need to work on striding directly toward home plate.

[quote=“Manik”]I am new to the pitching game and I just love it. There is wall near my house and I’m down there every other day. Only problem is I’m teaching myself, alot of trial and error.

I’ve tried mimicing a few pros, I’m most accurate when I throw like Morris from San Fran.

Much to my suprise my best pitch is an 11-5 curve. My worst is a circle change which always hits the ground before reacing the target.

I’m never going to be a pro but I do want to improve and as far as I can tell the first step is developing some repetable mechanics. So I set this challenge to you, how would you teach someone to throw using only the internet?[/quote]

You and me are pretty much in the same boat, I’ve been getting a lot of help from these guys. Upload a few videos and you’ll be correcting a lot of problems in no time.

I also am new to the pitching game and I think doing Scott Kazmir wind up is a good start but then when you get timing down adjust to fit your needs