Bryce 55 Pitching plz analyse

Hello, please let me know what you see in my clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T6h8Als82I

If that does not work you can go to www.brycesisson.com

Thank you
Bryce

I would strongly recommend him speeding up the overall tempo of his delivery.

Too deliberate and slow. You would see more velo and many more benefits that come with a quicker, faster tempo.

I don’t even have to see the video clip to tell you what’s going to happen!
I have seen many pitchers who either have a high leg kick or are slow to the plate—or both—and what happens is that if there’s a runner on base he’s being given a license to steal the next base. The only way to take care of that problem is to stop lollygagging on the mound and speed up the windup and the delivery. Ever watch Mark Buehrle in action? He doesn’t waste any time; he works fast—and throws strikes—and as soon as he gets the ball back from the catcher he sets himself, gets the sign and makes his next pitch, no ifs, ands, buts or bases on balls!
Go thou and do likewise. 8) :slight_smile:

[quote=“Zita Carno”]I don’t even have to see the video clip to tell you what’s going to happen!
I have seen many pitchers who either have a high leg kick or are slow to the plate—or both—and what happens is that if there’s a runner on base he’s being given a license to steal the next base. The only way to take care of that problem is to stop lollygagging on the mound and speed up the windup and the delivery. Ever watch Mark Buehrle in action? He doesn’t waste any time; he works fast—and throws strikes—and as soon as he gets the ball back from the catcher he sets himself, gets the sign and makes his next pitch, no ifs, ands, buts or bases on balls!
Go thou and do likewise. 8) :)[/quote]

I’m referring to the speed of the delivery and the benefits of increasing it.

I agree with what you’re saying but it’s a different topic

I would also fix the direction of the delivery. You stride towards the third base side. Plant foot lands in line with the camera at one point, but the camera was atleast ten feet left of the catcher.

Actually, you guys, what we have here are components of the same thing, not different topics. As the song goes, “Put 'em together and what have you got?” A nice delivery and trouble for the hitters. :slight_smile:

Bryce. You appear to be a big, strong kid with a lot of upside. If you are throwing 84 mph now, there is no reason you shouldn’t be able to improve that by your senior year. Here is what I see:

You go up straight with the leg lift and are a little too balanced.
You do a good job of keeping the front foot closed off during your stride.
You need to push off the rubber more with your back leg instead of rotating it over.
When you land your front foot is closed and pointing to the dugout instead of the catcher.
This prevents your hips from opening up and creates a lack of hip shoulder separation.
In the L cocked position you look to be a little high with your elbow above your shoulder line.
You get good external rotation , brace up the front leg very well, and finish in a good position.

Nice job. A few suggestions:

This may seem like a lot of issues to work on, but it really isn’t. These are the same issues most young pitchers on this site need to work on. And eventually fix.

I liked your slide step. You actually got your momentum going forward much better than in the stretch or windup. You seem to be a big stocky kid and sometimes a high leg lift is a bad idea, because you tend to stall when you come to the top of the lift. Your are going up and not out. You may want to consider a shorter leg lift. This will prevent you from stalling and get you moving toward the catcher sooner. Play around with something in between the slide step and your current lift.

Try being a little more aggressive with the back leg and push off the rubber. This will help you open your front hip and get your front foot pointed toward the catcher. This will create more hip shoulder separation.

In the throwing position, you want the elbow below your shoulder. Unless I am looking at a bad camera angle, it appears your elbow is a little high.

Everything after front foot landing looks real good. Good luck!

I agree with this and your earlier post Zita. Work fast and move fast!

I agree with Doc. You have to get some momentum toward the plate. Out of the slide step you seem to get some momentum, but only the slide step.

Did you previously have control problems? Some kids I’ve seen who are as deliberate to the plate were told at one point to slow down to improve their control.

Here’s an idea to the original poster… Pick one thing and get it right before you add something else. Personally, I’d fix your direction first.

Overall, looks pretty good and he does a lot of things well. Wouldn’t mess with too much.

But I agree with thinktank and others. Looks deliberate and slow, would work to increase overall tempo once he goes into his leg lift.

More momentum, more back leg.

Striding across can be an issue, but doesn’t seem to be affecting him too much, would work on the other things first, in my opinion.

Something just occurred to me. Assuming he’s a righthander—if he throws sidearm, and he takes a big stride toward third base, he just might have the beginnings of a good crossfire move to go with that sidearm delivery. He might consider working with that, refining that move, and giving the batters no end of conniption fits. 8)

Phil R, totally agree with that.