Broken Growth Plate In Elbow

My son just had surgery on a broken growth plate in his elbow. They had to put 2 screws in his elbow to reattach it. Anyone have an estimate at recovery time?
He is almost 15 years old.

Here is an article on that issue, I would imagine that you should wait till his Dr. clears him prior to returning to activity, that has to do with his ability to heal, what he does during the recovery and many other factors.

http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/sportsmedicine/little_league_shoulder.aspx

Found this from another site, with a poster with a similar name…

This was taken from another site

Every BODY is different, your son might need more time he might need less depending on how well he heals and how well he listens and follows the surgeon’s advice and the PT’s programs.

I think if I’m remembering right if you run a search on the HSBBW about this surgery you should find a thread that covers it pretty extensively from a previous poster.

Has the surgeon said if this will complicate how he physically develops?

I wish your son the best of luck with the long road that is ahead of him.

Yeah thats me.
Last season he had shoulder growth plate problems and really responded to the therapy l l. He came back stronger than ever. Then, this happened.
I just knew a kid who did the same thing and never played again. We dont want that.

Now the other concern I might have is that you son is “almost 15” and your tag name is “frontdoorslider”, I might be concerned about what you son throws then, usually someone who has it as a tag is enamored with that pitch. I would consider a slider has a higher potential to be a dangerous pitch to throw. Don’t know if that is a contributor in this case but it’s just an observation.

No, buwhite, he does not throw any breaking pitches as we feel there is no need for them at this point in the game. My name is just a random baseball related name that I chose for no particular reason.

How’s your boy doing?

Well he is foing mich better, he very recently was realeased by the orthopedic surgeon and has started light tossing… His physical therapist is doing great with him and got his arm down to 175°, almost straight. She said that he will more tjan likely nevrr get it any lower than that (it was with her help not alone). At this point he doesnt know if he will be able to pitch, bat, play golf etc. if he does not get it fully straightened… Opinions?

Well he is foing mich better, he very recently was realeased by the orthopedic surgeon and has started light tossing… His physical therapist is doing great with him and got his arm down to 175°, almost straight. She said that he will more tjan likely nevrr get it any lower than that (it was with her help not alone). At this point he doesnt know if he will be able to pitch, bat, play golf etc. if he does not get it fully straightened… Opinions?