Brandon Webb

Ok so we all know that Brandon Webb has the nastiest sinker in the league and we all have the same question. How does he throw it? How does anyone throw a sinker. Well, this is the place to explain how to throw a sinker. Videos would be excellent if you could come up with a video on how to throw a sinker would be very helpful!!

I Know No Such Thing. Fausto Carmona is the King of the Sinkerballers, and there’s no changing that in my mind. Try hitting his 96mph fastball, then his 94mph sinker after that.

show me his stats and his E.R.A for the past couple seasons and compare them to brandon webbs

Brandon Webb, Last 3 Starting Seasons:

05 14-12, 3.54ERA, 33 Starts, 229IP, 172 Ks
06 16-8, 3.10ERA, 33 Starts, 235IP, 178 Ks
07 15-10, 2.91ERA, 30 Starts, 210IP, 182 Ks

Fausto Carmona, Last 3 Starting Seasons:

05 AA/AAA
06 AAA/Horrendous Closing Experiment
07 15-8, 3.27ERA, 28 Starts, 187IP, 114Ks

Webb’s Sinker is upper 80s, Fausto’s is mid-90s. Webb is 28 and is at his prime, Carmona is 23 and is just getting started.

he has no stats to back up your talk regardless of their different ages he has only played in 1 major league season and its not over yet brandon webb is dominant over your no-name

carmona’s sinker isnt moving quite like webb’s one but the speed he throws it at is deadly. whatever the stats that helps compare pitchers not a certain type of pitch. he might have a good sinker but lets say he strikes out people with sliders or change ups? he might not have as good control as the other but that doesnt meen the sinker isnt great right? and i think you guys forgot about roy halladay whos sinker acts like a splitter at 92-93 mph

No name? No stats? HE’S A FREAKING ROOKIE AND HE HAS A BETTER RECORD THAN WEBB.

Torii Hunter openly said he was scared to death of him when the season started. He’s pitching today, watch sportscenter tomorrow morning and Carmona will be on there. Fausto is old news, if you’ve been following pitchers at all you shouda known about him when he and CC were leading the majors in wins.

what time is the game? hes a rookie exactly, theres no film on him only minors have faced him

Dude, he’s pitched 28 starts this year, setup for us for a month then trying to close after the Indians dealt off Wickman last year. I think there’s enough tape and experience right there. 8:10 @ Chicago

On the side, sorry for turning your post into a debate :slight_smile:

white sox or cubs, also i will watch him tonight i have the mlb extra innings package and its ok i love talking pitching

Interleague play is over my friend, ChiSox.

[quote=“J-Roc”]Brandon Webb, Last 3 Starting Seasons:

05 14-12, 3.54ERA, 33 Starts, 229IP, 172 Ks
06 16-8, 3.10ERA, 33 Starts, 235IP, 178 Ks
07 15-10, 2.91ERA, 30 Starts, 210IP, 182 Ks[/quote]
Fixed it for you. :mrgreen: