Brandon Webb to ya'!

Was watching ESPN yesterday and they did a story about last season’s CY Young winner Jake Peavy going on the 15-day DL for a strained elbow. That got me thinking. This season’s Cy Young winner - or should I say the season before last’s Cy Young winner :wink: - is not going on the DL. Jake is a maximum effort guy while Webb is not. In fact, Webb is kinda’ Maddux-like. Good control, good movement, changes speed well but doesn’t throw that hard (touches 90 once in a while). Yep, these similarities to Maddux mean Webb’s future is bright.

Brandon Webb to ya’!

de guy is de goods!
It would be a great boon to hear him speak on his approach, conditioning, career strategy…Hey Sencer! Make up a second sign would ya?
I keep waiting for our founder to get something out of his buddy Farnsworth…but after hearing some of the local remarks about him…they might be too tough a crowd. The way I got it figured though, Kyle has been around MLB now for goin on a decade…he has very valuable info rolling around in that body builder frame somewhere…I mean Webb the Farnsworth and Maddux to ya! :wink:
I know we’ll make a media spectical out of it…on like Babe Ruths or Cy Youngs birthday we’ll all meet in the chat room and chant their names until midnight or something…Get Coach Baker to channel Harry Carey or Casey Stengel…fun and frivolity had by all.

http://magazine.stack.com/TheIssue/Article/5275/Interview_with_Brandon_Webb.aspx

What are the numbers beside the pitches in your signature for?

What are the numbers beside the pitches in your signature for?[/quote]

speed obviously

Oh, Brandon Webb, Greg Maddux to you all!

speed obviously
[/quote]

Speed obviously? 98-100 mph fastball, 110-115 mph duece, 20-25 mph change, and a 90-95 mph knucklecurve? hmmmm okay… Guess you’re right spence, that does obviously have to be velocity. How could anyone even think for a second that those numbers weren’t speed, I mean they just make so much sense…

obviously everyone throws a 110 mph fastball and a 90-95 mph knuckleball…

speed obviously
[/quote]

Speed obviously? 98-100 mph fastball, 110-115 mph duece, 20-25 mph change, and a 90-95 mph knucklecurve? hmmmm okay… Guess you’re right spence, that does obviously have to be velocity. How could anyone even think for a second that those numbers weren’t speed, I mean they just make so much sense…[/quote]

Yeah and it makes sense to just put a MPH in there right…I don’t see a MPH in his signature. Don’t just add stuff in there. It could be KPH.

speed obviously
[/quote]

Speed obviously? 98-100 mph fastball, 110-115 mph duece, 20-25 mph change, and a 90-95 mph knucklecurve? hmmmm okay… Guess you’re right spence, that does obviously have to be velocity. How could anyone even think for a second that those numbers weren’t speed, I mean they just make so much sense…[/quote]

Yeah and it makes sense to just put a MPH in there right…I don’t see a MPH in his signature. Don’t just add stuff in there. It could be KPH.[/quote]

Good observation princess, sorry for assuming mph, lets make it kph, or maybe fpm, or fph, still if it were speed, the guys curve is faster than his fastball… and the change of speeds would be like a 78 what ever unit you want to use difference between his change and fastball. I’m not saying its not the case, though I don’t see how it could be, I’m just saying that if it is his speed, it surely isn’t obvious. I wouldn’t have commented so sarcastically, or at all in the first place, but I just found it funny how Spence dumbed it down by using “obviously.” As if he was saying what are stupid, its speed, obviously. Well, I didn’t think it was speed, so obviously it wasn’t so obvious to me.

I just wanted to say that I think this is starting to get out of hand, I really could give 2 shits what the signature means. So to get back to what this topic is supposed to be talking about:

Webb is great.

Uhh Spencer is Spencer. :smiley: Your not gonna change him. I know it would be incredibly strange for a curve to be faster than his fastball yeah it would be weird and the change-up would be very very slow maby an ephus though. But I can’t say taht would be the strangest thing I’ve seen here. As in the people who say they can throw about 15 pitchers and they’re not joking either. Or some of the RIstar things were very strange. So a curve being faster than a fastball wouldn’t be very strange lol. But I am curious as to what it really is.

its not mph its actually cenimeters per hours thank u very much :smiley: plus there real u can ask my mom

What!!! my curve is 120 mph…What? :shock:
Spencer I’m afraid, has read too many posts and just figured that Lizard Kingwasn’t bizaar or strange and somewhat slow in his curve compared to his K ball…my slider is at least the speed of sound…parhaps Lizard was attempting to ensnare our hero? or Hero’s…perhaps he was being sarcastic and having subtle fun…seeing if anyone would really look…maybe he’s Jim Morrison in disguise…and he’s trippen…Leave it to the New York city boy to want to get back to the point :smiley:
Webb is good…he’s going to be around awhile…my hopes are once he turns free agent its American League or Cubs…At least stay west or go east…for Gods sake keep him out of the central…he’d look absolutely terrible in Cardinal red or Huston…what-ever…I don’t think anybody else is going to pony up the canola for him. Really only New York, Atlanta, L.A., St Louis and Chicago are the only teams with that much cash…he’s going to command a hefty chunk…The Yankees will snag him away from Boston and he’ll laugh all the way to the bank. :lol:

Man I can’t get it right…first I hasd it Sox then changed it to Lizard King…now…I think Spencer got himself a brand new screen name and he’s messing with everyone…Last edit…I surrender…too old to keep up…too tired to care :wink:

The princess won. It wasn’t MPH.

EDIT:Wait what CM per hour?!