body blade

is the body blade worth using, or is tubing and light dumbbell exercises better?

I used the body blade in phyisical therapy it’s THE BEST for trainning the little muscles of the shoulder and I think its harder then tubign and light dumbells because it causes so many muscles to work that tubign and light dumbells don’t get.

i would use tubing and light weights, but thats my opinion. Because tubing also works out little muscle in your shoulders.

It is possible for the Body Blade AND tubing to target the same muscles. Tubing can work things through a wider range of motion than the Body Blade, I think. Others may be able to prove me wrong there. What I like about the Body Blade is its basic premise, that being to work muscles in an eccentric to concentric cycle. The limitation being that it’s over a short range of motion.

I would say using both wouldn’t be so bad but that body blade is one heck of a workout on your arm. A couple seconds using that thing and your arm is BURNIN!

[quote=“magicbumm328”]I would say using both wouldn’t be so bad but that body blade is one heck of a workout on your arm. A couple seconds using that thing and your arm is BURNIN![/quote]Yes, but which muscles and through what range of motion? Any exercise is only good for what it’s good for.

Body Blade = eccentric to concentric through a small range of motion.
Tubing = greater range of motion but concentric only (very little eccentric)

I was thinking the body blade with tubing would be good before a game to get the shoulder warm to throw. I use tubing before but i think a little body blade not to much would help with increase blood flow what you think?

Mr. Ellis, did you use the body blade?