Billy wagner's pitching arm fact

i heard before the baseball game today
that billy wag is not really left handed
he said he got his right forearm broken twice when he was young forcing him to switch hands

how does he hit upper 90’s and beyond

I dont know but i heard that a while back… Like last season… Its crazy

that happenned when he was young meaning

you learn faster when young
he practiced it a lot
he learned good mechanics
he is talented

ya he just had to re-learn how to throw with the arm that he is least comfortable with. very difficult. I am going to try to toss lefty every day this summer. want to be a switch pitcher :smiley:

He broke his right arm twice, so he started to pitched fastballs everytime against a wall…

This bio
http://jockbio.com/Bios/Wagner/Wagner_bio.html
says he broke his arm at age four. He also throws a football left-handed. He does everything else (brush teeth, eat with utensil, write) right-handed.

Other left-handed pitchers that I know of who are “right-handed” (at least when writing):
Barry Zito
Rich Hill
Mark Mulder
Hideki Okajima
Randy Wolf
Jon Lester
Chris Capuano

Right-handed pitchers that are “left-handed”:
Chris Carpenter
Joba Chamberlain
Scot Shields
Eric Gagne

Position players who throw left, but write right:
Lance Berkman
Josh Hamilton
Ryan Howard
Grady Sizemore
Ken Griffey, Jr.
Barry Bonds
Babe Ruth
Sadaharu Oh (Japanese HR King)
Ryan Church
Scott Podsednik
Jerry Owens
James Loney

All of the lefty pitchers and position players also bat lefty, except Lance Berkman who switch-hits. I’m sure there are more for each category, but I haven’t found any info or pictures to confirm.

As a kid, Johan Santana played shortstop right-handed.

Pat Venditte’s father taught him and his sisters to be ambidextrous.
Like 4pie said when you are a kid learning is much easier (languages) so their father would make them do everything which both hands in order to make it so they wouldnt appoint a dominant. It seems like a good idea but I think i would get mad haha. Oh well, all thats left is buying that $500 glove with 2 thumbs…

CC sabathia is right handed but as a kid his dad got him the wrong glove so he learned to throw lefty.

[quote]Right-handed pitchers that are “left-handed”:
Chris Carpenter
Joba Chamberlain
Scot Shields
Eric Gagne
[/quote]

joba chamberlain isn’t left handed

is there a pitcher that can pitch with both hands

Yea there is… SOmeone posted a video of him awhile back… Pretty sick

Yeah, his name is Pat Venditte

Yes he is. The only thing he does right-handed is throw a baseball.

ESPN covered Wagner about 4/5 years ago. They mentioned (I could be wrong) that he was either abused or had a sibiling die when he was very young. It’s been a while. Yes, he also had a useless right arm that broke a few times (I believe). To cope with this, Wagner spend long nights just hurling the heck out of rocks that he found lying around in some field. This resulted in his arm strengthening, and probably his unorthodox pitching mechanics.

[quote=“xv84”][quote=“kelvinp”]
joba chamberlain isn’t left handed
[/quote]

Yes he is. The only thing he does right-handed is throw a baseball.[/quote]

He bats right handed too, I saw him playing Houston I know. But I’m the same way, I only throw a baseball and golf right handed, everything else is lefty.

how do you know this

that is crazy how do you hit triple digits with your opposite hand

I shoot in hockey right handed, I throw right handed, I write left handed, I golf right handed, I can shoot a basketball either way, i can shoot a gun either way, I hit left handed.

i write left and throw right…

[quote=“kelvinp”]how do you know this

that is crazy how do you hit triple digits with your opposite hand[/quote]

It was in an ESPN article. He said his dad made him throw right “for some reason”.

this might be a new thing

teach your kids how to throw with their opposite hand

bill wag and joba throw upper 90’s fastballs
CC sabathia too

so your “weak side” might be strong than you know
i wonder if this applies to other sports