Better Pitching Guaranteed

Using the overload principle while correctly executing proper pitching techniques (mechanics) will produce:

Better Accuracy
Stonger Pitching Muscles
Reduced Injury
Greater Endurance
Increased Velocity

Wow!!! :shock: You’re pretty sure of that.

Better accuracy??? Not a chance. The rest, maybe. Maybe not. There are those who would disagree with you. By the way, just what, specifically, are those “pitching muscles” that you speak of?

I’m hoping that this post was in jest.

Just to mention a few;

Deltoid, Trapezius, Rhomboids, Internal Rotators, External Rotators, Chest Muscles, Latisimus Dorsi, Tricep.

How about core, hip flexors, quads, glutes, etc., etc., etc. Pitching’s an activity that involves the entire body. Maybe weighted balls help in that regard. Also, Dr. Frank Jobes did EMG analyses of pitchers and found that there was little to no muscle contractile activity in the shoulder and arm during the “acceleration phase” of the pitching delivery. Curious.

So, how do weighted balls increase accuracy?

[quote=“dm59”]
So, how do weighted balls increase accuracy?[/quote]

I said the overload principle. I made no mention of weighted balls. However, weighted balls is one aspect of this principle.

How does it increase accuracy?

Thru positive biofeedback and increased muscle memory, not to mention increased endurance which retards muscle fatigue.
Continued excercise during muscle fatigue promotes injury as well as improper technique.(poor accuracy)

So whats your point?..Are we to get the infomercial?
Your dogma seems…somewhat dogmatic…
Will you tell us how many wonderful stars you have trained for $19.95 for the book and $49.95 for the video?
Or are you just whippin out what you got to impress the first team?
:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“LFRoberts5”]How does it increase accuracy? Thru positive biofeedback and increased muscle memory[/quote]Wouldn’t that be “muscle memory” of how to throw an over or under weight ball? Those are completely different activities than throwing a 5.25 oz. ball. They won’t transfer. They’re entirely different neural responses.

Whenever you have to resort to using the word “biofeedback”, it’s a pretty clear indication that you have no factual evidence to back up your point on this “overload theory”. You are acting like this overload principle is the messiah of pitching greatness, but I’m still quite confused considering that you haven’t even given us your interpretation of this theory. Look, I don’t know how old you are, but the word biofeedback is probably some fourth grade bullshit. Maybe you should look around the mechanics forum.