Best workout to gain velocity

Ok so im 15 years old, I play JV for my highschool team and pitch and play outfield, I also play varsity outfield. I throw high 60’s and would like to get to 70-75 by the season, buying tuff cuff is out of the question I dont have $65 to spend, so what are either some good rotator cuff exercises to add to my normal workout or a full workout for pitchers and hitters, Im also a very good hitter. thanks guys and this is my first post. I know working on mechanics would be the start to increasing it but I dont have a video camera or camera phone to take a video.

You need to read my article about How Olympic Lifting Increases Pitching Velocity. It will not cost you a thing and it will give you the secrets to throwing hard.

http://acepitcher.com/article1.html

Visit
http://www.AcePitcher.com
for more content!

Sure you dont want to throw a couple more links in that post? You know, so you can advertise a competing site and forum some more?

2 posts and both of them are just shameless plugs for another site.

No shame here my friend!

This is the World Wide Web. It is about sharing information NOT about bullying others to prevent them from participating.

If this was truely a problem, then this board would not be PUBLIC ACCESS.

[quote=“Hauser33”]No shame here my friend!

This is the World Wide Web. It is about sharing information NOT about bullying others to prevent them from participating.

If this was truely a problem, then this board would not be PUBLIC ACCESS.[/quote]
Give me a break. This is about coming to a successful forum to try and market yourself (and make money). Notice how you didn’t try to offer any useful information in the thread, you just tell people to go to your site. If you want to participate, I would have no problem if you did so on this forum (pro-level strength coach Mike Griffin used to post here regularly and contributed heavily to the community).

Look this topic isn’t about you and “pro-level strength coach Mike Griffin.” It is about the 15 year old who does NOT want to spend $65 dollars on Tuff Stuff. I gave him a good alternative. What else did I need to say?

“contributed heavily to the community”

This is the point. O’Leary leaves his link, Paul Nyman…we don’t care if you do either. I noticed you have no discussion forum on your site. KC isn’t wrong, and being derisive when caught in a marketing ploy won’t make you any friends here. Please offer an alternative to Tuff Cuff if you wish…explain what you are all about, but lets not just pimp. It is bad form and won’t be tolerated. Mike Griffen contributed, didn’t pimp…see? We welcome you and look forward to having you visit and help some kids.

"so what are either some good rotator cuff exercises to add to my normal workout or a full workout for pitchers and hitters, Im also a very good hitter. thanks guys and this is my first post. "

Swim around a little James…There are umpteen workouts in these forums and depending on what you want to do some fairly specific stuff, over on the personal logs page there are several listed and discussed…you don’t need to spend any money…just a little time.

[quote=“Hauser33”]I gave him a good alternative. What else did I need to say?[/quote]How do we know what you gave him was a good alternative? I’m with jd on this one. It’s in very poor taste to come here and pimp your site and/or products but offer absolutely nothing to the board. Your “commercial” on this site is unacceptable.

Anyone is welcome to come here and participate in meaningful discussions that add to the overall knowledge store here and start with the most basic of intentions, helping people on this board who come asking for that.

If you end up adding something productive, people will notice and that will be the best commercial you could actually come up with. Be credible first, sir.

Wow, I post a topic video to spark some conversation on pitching and reply to a topic on pitching velocity and I am cornered by a group of Administrators yelling “PIMP” at me.

There is no money here! My website ACEPitcher.com isn’t some business venture. This is my passion. I have played the game all of my life and I am giving back. The only thing unacceptable here is you guys attacking someone with the intention to spark some conversation.

I don’t understand why you feel I am not offering help to the 15 year old. If you read my article

http://acepitcher.com/article1.html

you will find that this is some very good advice for a 15 year old who is looking to grow stronger as a pitcher/hitter

So I ask you guys to step up to the plate, read the article and we possible could discuss some Pitching here, instead of having a pissing contest about who’s territory this is.

“There is no money here! My website ACEPitcher.com isn’t some business venture. This is my passion. I have played the game all of my life and I am giving back. The only thing unacceptable here is you guys attacking someone with the intention to spark some conversation.”

If that was all you did you wouldn’t have heard from anyone…starting with KC. We explained, and this subsequent post is reasonable and non-objectionable. You didn’t do that, you threw out direct links to your site with no explanation or discussion and when called on it you came back with some surly crap about the “free” web, instead of explaining. We understand and appreciate the passion and as we did, we welcome it and you. It is no pissing contest, spend a little time here and look around, it isn’t a site that attacks, we discuss and talk and enjoy our art and feel we have a very special forum where kids can come and freely talk without exploitation and you bet we fiercely guard it.
As I noted, many other folks have participated and listed their links with no problem and if you want to add your link into your signature do so. But please step back and look from our perspective at how you approached our site. Would you allow us to come onto your site and blatently promote our site with no contribution at all to yours? If so, well that is your perogitive and ours has been exercised. Again we’d like you to please stay, talk, post, if we misunderstood then now perhaps we understand.
jd

Yes, you can post anything promoting your site on mine as long as it is in good taste. This is what the web is all about.

Now, that we have cleared this up I hope that the young man who started this post hasn’t ran away. I applogize to him for starting this insanity!

its alright hauser thanks for the links, and I did look in this section back 20 pages and didnt find much, ill check in the journals, and enough with the argueing just help me out I dont need people complaining I need some help, ill go read that thing with olympic lifting, I have heard about that before that doing heavy power cleans and stuff increased a kids velocity from 81-88 in 3 months.

That sounds good! If you need any more info contact me at
www.AcePitcher.com

James;

If I might echo the words of other long time contributors to this forum; those who have a history of making significant contributions to interested parties, I would just ask you to check around for other thoughts on the subject. Don’t ‘marry the first girl you date’… At 15 I suspect you’ve heard that before! It has relevance here too with respect to the first advice you were given. There are alternatives. There is also significant evidence in disagreement with that advice.

Since I have nothing to sell here, may I suggest you look into the NPA for a complete exercise program. Nothing wrong with Tuff Cuff. Good stuff. NPA also has a program for conditioning the whole body. It’s pretty good. Go to their website: http://www.nationalpitching.net/
Look around for something that fits your needs. Alternatively, find an NPA pitching coach near you.

WHatever you do, please look around first!

Cheers and best wishes;

O

The web is about whoever is in control says it is about. In the case of this website, Steve Ellis is the supreme overlord and the administrators are his minions. Hurray!

And guys, he did respond and referred to a site where he may have already written an article or someone else had. If it was not his site, would you be so mad?

Many other people here have referred other sites or articles without a problem.

Now… to look at his site

Definition of “Minion” (from Answers.com):

1. An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
  2. A subordinate official, especially a servile one.
  3. One who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling.

Hey jd, Roger, we’re “darlings”!! :oops: :lol:

“Hey jd, Roger, we’re “darlings”!!”

You be a darling…:mrgreen: I want to be a subordinate servile sycophant… :shock: I wonder if it pays?!?

Get Spencer… poopin in the pancakes after we already made nice with the nice man…bad Spencer…bad bad, no cookies for you. Your avitar needs to be a BIG spoon cause you like to stir it up…must be the Texican in you. 8)

[quote=“jdfromfla”]“Hey jd, Roger, we’re “darlings”!!”

You be a darling…:mrgreen: I want to be a subordinate servile sycophant… :shock: I wonder if it pays?!?

Get Spencer… poopin in the pancakes after we already made nice with the nice man…bad Spencer…bad bad, no cookies for you. Your avitar needs to be a BIG spoon cause you like to stir it up…must be the Texican in you. 8)[/quote]

Lol sorry if I was a little slow… at least I’m as slow as those Arkansas natives.

P.S. Those are chocolate chips. Try some.

do some forearm work and a lot of leg work