Best way to increase my speed

hi Guys

what is the best way to increase my pitching speed :slight_smile:
please help i need to increase it ASAP

There’s an open lot, just dirt, trees and some rocks - quick, I need a house Tuesday!

Both you and I are plumb out of luck! In fact, both the building contractor and any pitching coach worth his or her salt will openly admit, you and the house I need require a lot of pre planning, site work, progressive steps, manageable time management, diet/nutrition, and a lots and lots of practice overseen by master-craftsman each step of the way.

Sorry - no quick fix from this coach… :nono:

Coach B.

lol not fair i am going to pitch for the first team i need help. what kind of dirt should i use please assit

I agree totally. Your not being fair to yourself. Use this appearance (game) to “fit in” on your mound, work out your best pitch regardless of the velocity behind it.

Have a bit more confidence in your ability that GOT YOU THIS FAR. Pitching on a “first team”, is by no means easy, as I’m sure you’ll agree. But something, I mean something - must have earned you that spot regardless of your velocity. So, use that stuff that earned you a spot and take from there.

By the way, going to the well just when your thirsty, isn’t a practical way to quench your thirst. Convenient, yes - planning ahead it ain’t.

Don’t make a habit of “quick time” at the eleventh hour for stuff. It can get to be a bad habit.

Again, I repeat::::::::::::
[size=18]Have a bit more confidence in your ability that GOT YOU THIS FAR. Pitching on a “first team”, is by no means easy, as I’m sure you’ll agree. But something, I mean something - must have earned you that spot regardless of your velocity. So, use that stuff that earned you a spot and take from there.[/size]

Coach B.

thank you very much actually you right :shock: but how do i increase my speed in the long run?

one more thing my shoulder hurts when i throw not pitch can you help me there sort that out ?

Sore arms tend to result from mechanical inefficiencies and poor functional strength, or a combination of the two. Chances are, you need to refine your throwing mechanics, throw more, and develop some strength in your shoulder/rotator cuff region. Can you post some video of your mechanics?