Best velocity gain ever

Hey anyone on here ever think of just throwing everyday lol. how do you pros get there velocity theres only one way to gain velocity besides mechanical fixes and thats throwing. I mean they do other things to help make them injury proof such as streching and getting in shape but as for velocity no other than throwing so everyone on here offering programs and workouts is full of crap all you have to do is throw and run and strech thats it. Now open for debate lets hear it

A lot of the other stuff is for preventing injury and maximizing your performance over time (over innings, days, weeks, months).

Steven posted about his experiences of gaining several MPH after starting a well planned workout program. Other members have experienced similar gains from strength programs. This would be what we call empirical evidence, or evidence based on personal experience.

There is also the scientific method of strength training that has been proven time and time again. Strength training increases athletic performance. You can be stronger, faster, and compete for longer periods by training these attributes.

But then again I’m sure that offering mountains of evidence is not going to alter the opinions of a mental deficient like yourself. Honestly, there really is nothing to prove, the resources are out there if you want to find them. If you dont want to learn, thats fine. One less person competing to reach the top.

Shhh don’t help him.

oh wow ok first i gurantee you that you are one of two types of people this is inteaded for kc. you are either a highschool/jc collage washup who apparently thinks his 79 mph fastball was amazing OR your just a fat old guy who coaches little league in some joke of a league as soon as you get good tell me so i can laugh. and as for you spencer you say you throw high 60 well thats just ridiculous and sad get bigger or something. idk what you can do about that. so back to my point i was just saying that i mean really if you dont have the natural abiliity your not going to be good no matter what but to gain velocity theres nothing better then throwing.

http://books.google.com/books?id=836qbaVvR3MC&pg=PA7&lpg=PA7&dq=leo+mazzone+throw+everyday&source=web&ots=7ZXbwdomj_&sig=4WZUxgE2BA1CE5pFB-s-TNlG3wc
pg.112 incase its not on there read it and weep fools

read it wrond spencer dosent throw in the 60s so nm but he probably still sucks because he says hes on a d III team which normally means i throw 75 with a curve ball

Actually, I’m on a D1 team. I do throw 60… with my left hand.

lolz! :roll:

Billy Wagner’s college career consisted of DIII play

[quote=“Spencer”]Actually, I’m on a D1 team. I do throw 60… with my left hand.

lolz! Rolling Eyes [/quote]

OH SNAP :lol: :lol: :lol: he told you off

Actually, I am not a baseball player or coach. Strength and conditioning is a hobby/interest. I train MMA and grappling.

But enough about me, let’s talk about you. I can tell from your lack of capital letters and punctuation that we’re not looking at a distinguished academic. You on break from “special” school and trying to stir up some trouble? Well, isn’t that just wonderful. Now, let’s just establish something. The only thing you have provided in this argument is your opinion. Your opinion does not amount to anything in terms of a real debate, since you are just some punk kid trying to troll an internet forum. Bring me some real evidence that shows that strength training does not improve performance, then we’ll discuss. Otherwise I’m not going to waste time on this.

Actually, I am not a baseball player or coach. Strength and conditioning is a hobby/interest. I train MMA and grappling.

But enough about me, let’s talk about you. I can tell from your lack of capital letters and punctuation that we’re not looking at a distinguished academic. You on break from “special” school and trying to stir up some trouble? Well, isn’t that just wonderful. Now, let’s just establish something. The only thing you have provided in this argument is your opinion. Your opinion does not amount to anything in terms of a real debate, since you are just some punk kid trying to troll an internet forum. Bring me some real evidence that shows that strength training does not improve performance, then we’ll discuss. Otherwise I’m not going to waste time on this.[/quote]

I would say that KC is correct, you can say that throwing will inrease velocity but you can’t say that weight training can’t. A combination of the two work well. :chair:

great use of icons :lol: see I can do it to :smiley:

aww why did ya change your last post Bower :cry: it was so much better

Eyyyy pointless I guess.

To the original poster,

Today I obtained the complete training program for an American League team. There are obviously throwing programs for pitches, but over half of the training consists of strength, agility, and conditioning. Arm maintenance and dieting fill in the remainder.

Almost every pitcher in MLB is over 6’ and is around or above 200lbs. Is this a coincidence? That they all have gargantuan parents and were genetically destined to be huge?

As others have stated, you have no argument.

(Admins need to start handling these troll children :idea: )

I feel as though my increase in squatting alone has made my velo jump

“Admins need to start handling these troll children”

I think he was handled.
He actually had a point if he could get through the hostility. Mazzoni isn’t spoken of much around here but he has had great success. He’s always favored a simplistic approach that wouldn’t hurt to have our forums explore a little…kinda throwback old school. Jack Lalane style calistenics and all :lol:

KC you said you were into mixed martial arts and grappling. I have nothing against that and i thats pretty sweet but how did you end up in letstalkpitching??

And Bower how did you get that mad funny animation into your post. I wanna be able to insult talkalots too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“jdfromfla”]“Admins need to start handling these troll children”

I think he was handled.
He actually had a point if he could get through the hostility. Mazzoni isn’t spoken of much around here but he has had great success. He’s always favored a simplistic approach that wouldn’t hurt to have our forums explore a little…kinda throwback old school. Jack Lalane style calistenics and all :lol:[/quote]

I agree with what I’ve heard about Leo Mazzone in that baseball players should be throwing every day whether they pitched or not.

However, one cannot possible throw 16 hours a day (8 hours for sleep :stuck_out_tongue: ) and so other things like lifting, etc can be done to help give you a competitive edge.

Click “view more emoticons” under the emoticons when you are posting and you will see oodles of them. :chair:

I did play baseball for quite a while (10 or 11 years) and so does my younger brother. I was looking for some advice on mechanics to show him, and that led to this forum. Mike Griffin’s posts on strength and conditioning got me interested on that path, especially since I’ve done some coaching for football and basketball (baseball parents are too much for me to deal with :lol: ).

Plus I still love the game of baseball and it’s always nice to be able to help other people out with information on how to improve their game.