Best Stuff?

Who has the best stuff of any starting pitcher of all time?

Nolan Ryan, if you are talking about velocity, and downright overpowering stuff.

Stuff can include anything you want it to include. Command can be apart of stuff. I would say Tom Glavine in his prime has excellent stuff. His command makes his stuff nasty.

With that said, I would take a primed Pedro.

[quote=“Hammer”]Stuff can include anything you want it to include. Command can be apart of stuff. I would say Tom Glavine in his prime has excellent stuff. His command makes his stuff nasty.

With that said, I would take a primed Pedro.[/quote]

I second Pedro, he had both excellent velocity and movement on all three of his pitches. 96 mph 4 seam, 93 mph running two seam, 84 mph diving change, 80 mph hard sweeping curve.

Moose.

Really? Moose? Comeon, you can do better than that. You could pick a few thousand guys with better stuff than Moose.

David Cone, Dave Steib, Pedro Martinez, Kerry Wood (before TJ surgery) had the best stuff I’ve ever seen.

Great call on Wood before TJ. Unreal stuff.

Bob Gibson. Since MLB decided to lower the mound because of him, ya’ gotta throw his name in the discussion.

Yeah, if his command had been anywhere near the level of some of the guys were discussing here, we would have been a top three pitcher in the mlb.

Check out his stuff in his 20-K game. Ridiculous.

I remember watching his next game when he struck out 13 against the Dbacks and even as good as he was in that game, something was different. He was never the same after the 20-K game.

Sandy Koufax, Phil Niekro, Hoyt Wilhelm, Bob Gibson and Nolan Ryan.

[quote=“Hammer”]Who has the best stuff of any starting pitcher of all time?[/quote] greg maddux

[quote=“nikesports”][quote=“Hammer”]Who has the best stuff of any starting pitcher of all time?[/quote] nolan ryan :!:

Cmon, maddux? I respect him as much as anyone, but please. He had good stuff, average velocity with great late action, but it was his command and brains that made him one ofthe best ever, not his great stuff. Granted, he threw the running fastball as good as anyone, but in here were talking about men who could throw baseballs through a brick wall, make a ball move with vicious movement… Nolan Ryan, Clemens, Wood, guys like that.

And to add one to the list, when he’s on A.J. Burnett has some filthy stuff. He’ll sit at 96-97 through 9 innings, and his 12-6 knuckecurve is sometimes unhittable. Biggest underachiever in baseball.

Good Topic! I can’t narrow it down to one so I’ll name three…

Old Timer:
Bob Gibson

Still Playing but past their prime:
Kerry Wood

Current Player:
Tim Lincecum

i dont know who i think has the best stuff all time. but right now i believe Josh Beckett has the best stuff. high 90’s all game and a sick 12-6

High 90’s all game? What Beckett have you been watching?

High 90’s all game? What Beckett have you been watching?[/quote] ok mid 90’s