Best Mechanics in the MLB today?

Who has the best mechanics in the pros?

If I had to answer this question, I’d have to go off the list. Not saying these guys don’t look good pitching.

As far as the person that gets the most out of his body, it would have to be Tim Lincecum.

I also like John Smoltz’s delivery, Johan Santana, Mariano Rivera, and I’ll throw Scott Kazmir in there as well. Just a few guys off the top of my head that appear to generate an explosive fastball through good sound mechanics.

roy oswalt

Why is Cole Hamels on the list?! Even though I’m a Phillies phan, I think he has bad mechanics. He rushes and points his thumb down. Why do you think he was out with shoulder soreness?! Also, it seems like your leaning towards the guys that are old and are still pitching, which is a little unfair. Just because Jamie Moyer is 44-years old and pitching doesn’t neccesarily mean he has the best mechancs.

Rant over.

The question that just has to be asked is, what do you mean by “best”? What’s the measure of good mechanics? Every single pitcher in the MLB has “good” enough mechanics to make it to the bigs. That’s pretty “good” to me.

“The question that just has to be asked is, what do you mean by “best”? What’s the measure of good mechanics? Every single pitcher in the MLB has “good” enough mechanics to make it to the bigs. That’s pretty “good” to me.”

HERE HERE!!! I’m with DM…thank the Lord above that you didn’t wander the other way and ask who in the mlb has “bad” mechs…I always rant on those…Usually some guy who has never thrown a pitch outside of HS turning around and banging on a pro as to how “bad” their mechs are…just silly.

I don’t see the name Beckett listed…is being the most dominant pitcher in your league the same as having good mechs? The name Webb isn’t around here anywhere either…
Now I’m Greg Maddux’s chief disciple but man Carmona was pretty good, gosh there sure was some fine pitching out there this year…How bout Carlos Zambrano? Very minimalistic 96/7 mph stuff. How about El Duque and his relative Livan throw all that funk for all those years and still be rubber armed horses?

Hey how about the Rocket? Roger Clemens has stuck around for a long time due to his good mechanics.

"Hey how about the Rocket? Roger Clemens has stuck around for a long time due to his good mechanics.’

Well you didn’t say Tim Wakefield :lol:
Always a surprise Pustilio…

I think someone earlier in the thread was bagging on the fact that only old guys were listed…Hail old dudes! Youth being wasted on the young and all :shock:

Well Wake has good knuckleball mechanics, not neccesarily the best mechanics in the bigs. lol

i just didn’t want to put 20 options for the poll

In my oppinon, you need four or five guys who have stuck around in the majors, and throw heat.

Maddux deserves to be there
As does Glavine
Clemens needs one
Smoltz
Schilling definetly

I think it’s a stupid question, but when I was looking at the pitching clips and I see a lot of pitchers were compared to each other and it seemed like a lot of them had almost identical mechanics.

This is like the most subjective question ever. Why? Well, every single person in the entire world could have a slightly different view than someone else, so you cannot compare the two. For example, maybe some pitching coaches think that making the inverted W is the best thing to do, so they would say Anthony Reyes has the best mechanics, while another pitching coach thinks that gaining momentum is the best thing to do, so they would say that the Rocket has the best mechanics. There is just no answer to this question.

You relate a pitcher’s mechanics to the length and quality of their career and then determine which mechanics correlate with the best careers.

But that doesn’t necessarily answer the question directly.

No, it doesn’t but it is better than farting.

…true…