Best Mechanics in MLB... Thoughts?

Which MLB pitcher do you guys think has the best mechanics in the MLB? I personally think Harvey does, but I also really like Verlanders, Kershaws, Lincecum, and Scherzers.

[quote=“SimonB32”]Which MLB pitcher do you guys think has the best mechanics in the MLB? I personally think Harvey does, but I also really like Verlanders, Kershaws, Lincecum, and Scherzers.[/quote]’

Everyone has good mechanics. It depends on your favorite. I say Patrick Corbin, Verlander, Lincecum, and Gio.

I personally disagree with Lincecum. How does someone going from throwing 100mph and winning too Cy Youngs to throwing 92 and being one of the Giants most inconsistent starters. Need I mention he messed around with his motion last year because he said he felt uncomfortable.

Personally I’m going with Chapman. He’s obviously doing something right to consistently throwing 99+

If you aren’t genetically gifted to throw 99+mph, you can copy mechanics all you want but you’ll never reach those elite velocities. Better to ditch the quest for the perfect mechanics and strive for learning how to pitch. By that, I mean command, control and upsetting the batters timing. Like this guy:

Dillon GEE - series of pitches anywhere from 79 mph to 92 mph.

Sorry for the interruption - you guys can get back to critiquing mechanics. My bad. :twisted:

Those guys go on and on and on about mechanics as if that was all there was to pitching, the be-all and the end-all. Not so. Eddie Lopat once told me that there’s a lot more to pitching than just throwing the ball and daring the batter to hit it—if he can. A pitcher can have absolutely picture-perfect mechanics, but if he can’t find the plate, can’t throw strikes, can’t get the batters out, what’s the point? Then you take a pitcher who has a little hitch, a hiccup in his windup or delivery, but who has electric stuff and has the batters grumbling and cursing their way back to the dugout, again and again—a guy who knows how to pitch—that’s another story. Dino, you nailed it again. 8)

What do you guys think of Jose Fernandez?

Verlander. Before him Pedro Martinez

[quote=“BOSBlueJays31”]I personally disagree with Lincecum. How does someone going from throwing 100mph and winning too Cy Youngs to throwing 92 and being one of the Giants most inconsistent starters. Need I mention he messed around with his motion last year because he said he felt uncomfortable.

Personally I’m going with Chapman. He’s obviously doing something right to consistently throwing 99+[/quote]

Well, Lincecum did throw a no-no the other night. He is inconsistent though. Some say it’s his “new” delivery. I don’t see why he’d change his delivery since he’s been using it since college. Who knows.