Best brand of glove?

I have a Glovesmith glove. I love it, and it is lasting me 3 hard playing years. Still in good condition. I would pick this brand second, but I would rather have a Muzino glove.

There is still oil in the glove when they make it, so don’t add anymore oil. the best way to break in Mizuno gloves are to just play catch.

I got my Wilson A700 at a young age and we got it a few sizes big so I would grow into it, I’ve had it for 4 seasons soon to be five, broken in perfectly and catches most anything that touches it.

There’s a reason why the Wilson A2000 is one of the most popular in the game. Pretty light, the leather is great, and will last a lifetime.

Aside from all the brands and models, the fit and first impressions are the best indicator of a glove that’ll serve you well.

In your travels, stop off at a tag sale, estate sale, church rummage sale, and the like and poke around, Granted, you’ll be looking at gloves that are used and played by someone else - but, consider that their broken in, adjusted for play (different than broken in) and may only need a few new laces and minor touch up.

I’ll pickup a glove at these places while driving around. Some are very cheap, while others may be a bit on the expensive side … for a used glove that is. There are plenty of youngsters that can’t afford gloves for summer league play, so I keep them in my trunk and will pass them out when I see the need.

I personally have a Nokona, model BM 76, I’ve had it for years. For me, the fit and balance, in addition to the playability is perfect. Just as important to me is that, MADE IN USA, hand crafted in Texas.

For those that are sensitive to motion and balance on the mound … a good mound with a well crafted surfaced, not this junk that most amateurs play off today, YES, a glove can make a big difference for pitching. Some of the guys that I had use to put fishing weights in the fingers of their gloves to add weight and customize the feel for adding to, or, taking away the apposing weight to their pitching side.

However, for most youngsters and older amateurs, a glove is a glove. Fine tuning its weight isn’t a big deal. Just the fit, the feel and the comfort.