Bench Pressing

Is it true, Bench pressing is bad for baseball players, and pitchers?

I’ve heard it can be bad for your shoulders if you load the weight and have your grip wide. It can also be a problem if you bench and don’t do any back exercise to even it out.

I bench, I do both barbell and dumb bell bench I just make sure I do about 4 back exercises to equal it out and I keep the weight down.

Not if done properly. If you wing your elbows out and bench like they did in the 70’s, yeah, it’s bad. But if you tuck your elbows and get a good arch, it’s absolutely fine.

[quote=“kyleb”]

Not if done properly. If you wing your elbows out and bench like they did in the 70’s, yeah, it’s bad.[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote=“JR.Navarro34”][quote=“kyleb”]

Not if done properly. If you wing your elbows out and bench like they did in the 70’s, yeah, it’s bad.[/quote]

What do you mean?[/quote]

I would look up anything by Dave Tate on Youtube about how to properly bench press. Be careful, he swears a lot. :slight_smile:

Bench press is fine if you stop at 90 degrees. If you go past 90 degrees you working your shoulder muscles. Just going to 90 works your upper body out good and doesn’t harm your shoulder.

I just looked it up, I thought when you bench press the Bar is supposed to touch your chest? If you do that Don’t your elbows go below the bench?
Man, is that dude on roids or what? I though you are supposed to push straight up, that man goes a little diagonal. He’s a beast tho :lol:

If you push straight up from the point where the bar touches based on the angle your back makes, it will be up and back towards the uprights.

Elbows go right in line with the bench and not far below the shoulder line.