Before and After. (Critique)

worked very hard on follow through. Any thoughts?

you get ur elbows up above and behind your shoulders alot like mark prior. when u do the upside down w it puts pressure on ur elbow. and mark prior has had arm and shoulder problems. for more info ask chris o reily he knos alot about it.

I think this young man looks pretty good. The “after” clip shows a significant change in arm action. It went from very Billy Wagner to a more W motion. I wouldn’t say he’s classic M but there is some of that there. He’s really trying to scap load here and the focus on that is resulting in the forearms pointing somewhat downward but not as much as Prior or Smoltz.

I’m not as concerned about this as I am about his timing. It’s hard to tell from the after clip because of some “junk” on the clip over the upper body. I think his shoulders are significantly open at footplant but I can’t really be sure. Do you have a better video?

He has much more explosiveness to his arm action in the after clip. I like it. Good job, baseballbum.

Also, what does it take to post video directly like this?

I noticed that on the after you finish bent which is what I cant do LOL so congrats

The follow-through looks much improved - he doesn’t put the brakes on like he used to and that will make things easier on the decellerator muscles on the back side of the shoulder.

He looks like he leads with his hip a little more and strides a little further. He also seems to keep the glove out front instead of tucking it into his armpit. However, he lets it flop around a bit. I’d like to see him keep the glove up in front and more stable. I’d also like to see him not straighten out that front leg so quickly.

[quote=“dm59”]I think this young man looks pretty good. The “after” clip shows a significant change in arm action. It went from very Billy Wagner to a more W motion. I wouldn’t say he’s classic M but there is some of that there. He’s really trying to scap load here and the focus on that is resulting in the forearms pointing somewhat downward but not as much as Prior or Smoltz.

I’m not as concerned about this as I am about his timing. It’s hard to tell from the after clip because of some “junk” on the clip over the upper body. I think his shoulders are significantly open at footplant but I can’t really be sure. Do you have a better video?

He has much more explosiveness to his arm action in the after clip. I like it. Good job, baseballbum.

Also, what does it take to post video directly like this?[/quote]

Hey DM59, PM me and I can walk you through it.

Roger good catch on all fronts! We have been doing alot of throwing and not enough pitching. His instructor was gone for a while and he noticed his front glove dropping which caused all kinds of problems. Partly my fault since we worked alot on throwing and not enough on pitching. His front side is improving and he used to CRASH at footplant. I will post some better video since I used a trial version of a conversion program.

When he puts everything together it really is a sight. Throws hard with good movement from not a huge kid. I will try and post a video of how he was throwing before the lesson and the effect afterwards in the near future. We also worked on his hips, he really gets out there with his hips and the next thing we need to work on is his footplant.

AS far as his arm , he has never complained of a sore arm . elbow, and shoulder. He lifts and does tubing pretty much every other day or every day. Also runs and does a ton of ab work.

Oh Know! Someone has been brainwashed! I am guessing you meant Chris O’Leary not O 'Reily, last time I checked he was still working on FOX news.

Bum,
Good stuff, you and Bum Jr. been working hard. I’m with Roger for everything (Not that I’m the mechanical guru that he or CAdad are)…he does seem to fight for balance at the end, but many do. Ya know I figured it out after looking at the sites you pointed me toward…Marshall may not deem little folks like us as worthy of his direct input…but man he made sure that he has surrogate/desciples that he works…talk about kool-aid drinkers…Chiris and Kharma are the High Priests of the church of Mike (PHD). :shock: