Becoming Explosive

God Bless

God Bless

You know what I would do? Get radar gunned. See if you see any gain in velocity, because thats obviously what your going for. Your more explosive, but thats just because you did everything faster.

God Bless

Heres what Id do. Try it pitching. If your out of control, you wont throw strikes. So go throw like that. Dont ask people you dont know’s opinion. Experience it for yourself.

The tempo level of your delivery and the effort level seem to have increased. More explosive? We’d have to see how the ball is coming out of your hand.

God Bless

You may have increased the speed of your movements but not the torque. If that is true, your arm will lag behind, you will have very poor control, and could get hurt.

Yup, it’s all about trial and error, it doesn’t really matter what anyone on the board thinks. When you get a ball, just find out if you throw harder and more accurately.

first off all, u look like overthrowing, 2nd of all , dont dry throw like that -.- it messes up your arm withthat speed

You look like Speedy Gonzalez! Fastest mouse in all of Mexico no?

there are alot of different things wrong with your mechanics.

You don’t need to be explosive to overpower hitters with a fastball.

I wish these youtube videos were more specific with the timing because at any second is like 3 different frames.

If you stop the video at 18, in one of the frames you are throwing uphill.

and as far as more explosively… You’re not doing anything different except for you look like you’re throwing as hard as you can.

I like the fact that your rotation is faster. Do we call this “explosive” or just faster generally? I don’t really care. My biggest concern is with transfer of the arm action from these dry throws to the real thing. I’m not a big fan of the towel drill for this reason and I question the use of it in your earlier video anyway. My understanding, and Roger or laflippin can correct me here, is that there is supposed to be a target for you to hit. The way you’re doing it, who knows if your arm path is anything like what it would be in a real throw? Actually, this is my question about the towel drill period. Transfer.

I agree with a lot of what other people have said already, you really do look out of control and like you are over throwing throughout the entire video.

I too am questioning the arm path. Spencer makes a great point about your arm, and the increased risk of impingement which could increase the risk of injury. dm raises a great point, who actually knows if that is your actual arm path or not when you are pitcing. If it’s not you’re reinforcing a new set of movements that will translate over to when you actually throw and that in itself could and probably do more damage then good.

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]I agree with a lot of what other people have said already, you really do look out of control and like you are over throwing throughout the entire video. [/quote]I don’t quite agree that he’s either out of control or over-throwing.

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]… you’re reinforcing a new set of movements that will translate over to when you actually throw and that in itself could and probably do more damage then good.[/quote]You got it!!

God Bless

I was thinking, yet again, that maybe its not your mechanics, but your arm strength. Just throw dude! Play some long toss or something if you wanna gain MPH. Your mechanics are fine in the old video.

God Bless

Your mechanics are better in the old one. The new one is fine too though. But those new mechanics arent gonna help your MPH.

God Bless