BCAA's?

I’ve been looking in BCAA’s (Base Chain Amino Acids.) BCAA’s are what protiens for your body are made of. I was wondering if it would be wise and safe to take these during the offseason while I am lifting weights, and pitching. Any suggestions?

Yes, BCAAs, or Branched Chain Amino Acids, are what comprise protein, so a piece of chicken or fish (both high-protein foods) contains BCAAs. Supplementing additional BCAAs by pill or powder form likely wouldn’t be of any greater benefit than simply eating a piece of chicken or fish.

Is it unsafe to take BCAAs? Probably not (the most common are actually the individual amino acids Glutamine and Arginine by powder form, not BCAA pills or powder), but I just don’t think it’s necessary.

Plus, at some point (around 30 grams of protein in a two-hour period) the body can’t digest any additional protein (or BCAAs), and it’s turned to waste product or stored as fat because at that point, the body treats it as nothing more than additional calories.

You’re obviously asking here because you’re unsure of the product(s) and their use.

You’ve given us not background information about yourself, which in turn, adds to the speculations of your overall present condition - health wise. Granted, you could be in excellent health, height-body mass-, body fat %, overall training diet, and so forth.

In consideration here, is you rate of metabolism, blood pressure, food allergies, and so much more that goes into the mix. Don’t get me wrong, you have excellent attention to ways of complimenting your athletic conditioning, but as Steven mentioned, the overall benefits could be if-ee.

Anything, and I mean anything, that’s ingested as a part of an athletic training plan, should be first considered and approved by a professional, so equipped with the credentials that qualify that professional to advise you.

Personally I do supplement with BCAA’s time to time. I do get alot of protein from diet alone and do supplement with a protein shake at the end of my workouts but, if i feel like im getting sick or not recovering from my workouts I take BCAA’s to help me out with that.